Stacking TimeFactor's Twin Delays

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by undeadaudio, Feb 17, 2015.

1. undeadaudio

undeadaudio Member

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time posting. I have an Eventide TimeFactor and really hate how the twin delays are in Parallel instead of Series. I did a brief search and found this review, which suggests running Output A into Input B, then taking Output B to your amp.

Has anyone else tried this? I still would like to add a few more delays to my rig, but this could potentially hold me over if it doesn't have any adverse affects on my tone...

Here is the review I'm referencing:
    http://www.bestguitareffects.com/eventide-timefactor-review-best-twin-delay-effects-pedal/

2. undeadaudio

undeadaudio Member

Just gave this a try... It actually works really nicely. I was expecting some additional noise to the signal, but it's just as if running two time factors in series.

One problem I did encounter is that you can't use the looper in this setup. Since the looper sums to mono with a stereo setup, you get some weird comb filtering on the loop.

I would still love to hear anyone else's opinions / experience on this. I still think I'll end up with an El Capistan for delays pre-TimeFactor.

3. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Member

Parallel delays are a big selling point for this pedal... but to each their own.

4. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

Isn't FilterPong in series??

5. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Never thought of that before!
    F'amazing.

6. XiXora

XiXora Member

I do the exact same method on my Flashback. Works a treat for me with that.
    I can't see why it wouldn't work nicely for the TimeFactor.

7. BoTheMu

BoTheMu Member

Need to check this on my H9. Never been interested in FilterPong before but if that's true then that would be very convenient.

8. undeadaudio

undeadaudio Member

I understand the benefit for parallel delays, but running them serial definitely yields different results. I prefer serial for rhythmic purposes as the feedback for one triggers the other. When there's modulation in place, you can really get a nice washy sound.

Parallel delays, in my opinion, are cleaner. I prefer a dirtier / murky sound that running them in parallel can't give me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk