Stacking Wampler Euphoria (with an OCD)?

johnh

Im thinking of buying a Wampler Euphoria and running it after my OCD for a volume and mild gain lift for solos.

Does anyone else run boosts into their Euphoria? How does it take boost pedals?

BoTheMu

It's my favourite light overdrive. It's got a great eq and loves being stacked.

I always find the OCD tone difficult to set (I've played a sit clone and have a danelectro copy). Always a bit too bassy and gets bright and bitey early. It has great dynamics with the gain low, though.

I think these two pedals would love each other.

TBLebowski

I'm using an ocd into the euphoria, in my opinion they sound great together! And, at least with a strat or p90's, the guitar controls are still very responsive

Using either/or as a base tone and the other to boost works very well

StormJH1

I have a Euphoria, and while I don't have a ton of experience stacking it, I think that would work pretty well. As stated above, it really takes over your tone and can remain pretty clean, provided you have it in front of a clean amp to begin with. Try starting with the bass knob around 9:00 on it and only adding as much as you need for your rig.

johnh

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I just bought a used Wampler Ecstacy. I run it after my OCD and use it for a boost in gain and volume for solos. The Wampler is just wonderful sounding and stacks extremely well with the OCD. It cleans up extremely well and sounds really amp like and natural. I love it.

After the Wampler, I run an Angry Charlie for a fatter, more Marshall like juicy tone. Here is my board:

Last edited:

Gibson59

Nice pedalboard! I get my tone by driving the Wampler Tumnus in front of the Wampler Euphoria. It can get me from clean to grit with the Tumnus depending how I dig into the strings and will send me into overdrive heaven when I stomp on the Euphoria.

MikeFM

I run my Euphoria into a Joyo Ultimate Drive (OCD clone) instead of the other way around. I keep The OCD clone at edge of breakup, and when needed the Euphoria gives it a nice warm boost which is great for solos and slightly higher gain. I use it on the open setting. Great pedal.

Gourd

johnh, do you find the Euphoria to be noisy when stacked? I'm considering one of these too, but the best youtube clip I could find seemed as if there was a lot of noise as the gain went up, making it seem as if it wouldn't stack well. How do you find the Angry Charlie and Euphoria stack together? I tend to run my gains fairly low in the first place so it shouldn't be a problem, but I wondered if there was excessive noise.

Beto

Silver Supporting Member
When it comes to soloing, the best stacking I've found when using the Zendrive or the Dumkudo is the Wampler Paisley into one of these D-style pedals.

jrjones

Silver Supporting Member
I've never had an ocd but it sounded awesome stacked with my old riot and Tim.

Gourd

Well, I ordered a Euphoria. It'll either replace my Flux Drive or OCD. I'll let you know how it sounds once I get it and play around with it.

johnh

Sorry for the delay. The Euphoria stacks really well with any pedal I've tried it with. Great pedal.

Gourd

I agree johnh, I got mine a few days ago. Kicked my Flux drive off. Stacks great with my OCD too. Didn't like the sound of it before the OCD, sounded flubby. But after sounds amazing.

mixn4him

Silver Supporting Member
When it comes to soloing, the best stacking I've found when using the Zendrive or the Dumkudo is the Wampler Paisley into one of these D-style pedals.
Hence the Tom Quayle Dual Fusion...

Trending Topics