Stacking with Pharaoh

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ahcleinad, May 17, 2011.

1. ahcleinad

ahcleinad Member

So I got my Pharaoh yesterday and I love it so far. But I'm looking for a pedal to stack with either before or after that will give me huge fuzz sounds. I tried to put my Rat before it and didn't work out too well other than just give me a little more gain.

Are any of you guys stacking the Pharaoh with other fuzzes?

2. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk

The Earth cracked open when I stacked my Pharaoh with my Octron :dude

3. aawshred

aawshred Member

pharaoh with honey bee rulesssss. if tweaked right it will give you an awesome metal distortion

4. DraggAmps

DraggAmps Member

Do you know how the tone controls work? The Pharaoh is the hugest sounding pedal I've heard with the left tone at 0. Maybe my Openhuas has more bass, but it's a different kind of "big". I stack my Pharaoh with a Diamond comp or Timmy (to goose it), a Basic Audio Scarab (another huge fuzz, the result is insane!) and sometimes my Fetto Nord to simulate running it into a broken up amp. Or even into the boost on the Nord to make it even fatter, not that it lacks fatness!

5. ahcleinad

ahcleinad Member

Well as of now, I've been playing it with the left tone all the way to the left and the right tone all the way to the right. Yeah its a big sounding fuzz. I've read that the Pharaoh was designed to use with amps that are on the point of breakup, but I can't really turn my amp up that loud. So was looking for something that will get me to that crazy gain sound.

6. DraggAmps

DraggAmps Member

I never thought of it as that kind of fuzz but I always run it into a clean amp. If you want more gain, try running something into it with lower gain but lots of output, like a clean boost or OD or even try a compressor. You might be looking for a more compressed tone. I find it to be pretty uncompressed for a fuzz.

7. Holy Schnikes

Holy Schnikes Member

Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom into a Pharaoh sounds incredible, best I've found thus far. The Pharaoh loves almost everything I've stacked with it though, from fuzz to boost/OD, tends to get along well with other pedals very well (most of the time)

8. SpaceFlunky

SpaceFlunky Member

i use a Basic Audio Futureman after the pharaoh as a boost. They sound huge together. :dude

9. barney steele

barney steele Member