Standard strat vs les paul with seymour duncans?

STRATOmann

I have tried both and loved both. Which would u pick and why. A used les paul classic with a 59 in the neck and sh5 in the bridge or a strat. If u can, name an amp that goes well with it under 1000 maybe 1200

AudioEcstasy

I'd also go with a Les Paul, unless it was a hard-tail strat haha. Decisions, decisions. As for amp, Marshall, Vox, or Bad Cat all the way. The thing will sing.

vivalaking

right now I love strats, but 6 months from now I'll love les pauls. Thats just how I am...so It'd have to be one of both. And for an amp under 1200, that works well with both, I'd go with a Mesa of somesort.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
It depends on what kind of guy you are, I've learned that I'm not a strat guy, so I'd go for the LP, solely based on my love of the singlecut shape and my disdain for middle pickups.

STRATOmann

In an amp which is more important, cabinet or amp head?
My total on the amp would have to be less than 1600 and i found a head that is 1200. Is a 400 dollar cabinet good? Or should i spend more on the cabinet and less on head?

monwobobbo

this is really your decision. strat guys will say strat, LP guys will say LP so not much is going to be gotten from this. i personally am a strat guy but that doesn't mean you are. play a few of each and the guitar that really speaks to you is the one to buy.

rufedges

I actually have both, but not in the Gibson or Fender versions. I have an EBMM Axis Supersport and an EBMM Silhouette Special with a Dimarzio Area 58 in the neck and a DP212 EJ in the Bridge. I love them both, and the Axis SS does great for rock-type stuff, as well as being very versatile, and the Silo Special is the strat, but works for rock as well.

I have tried both and loved both. Which would u pick and why. A used les paul classic with a 59 in the neck and sh5 in the bridge or a strat. If u can, name an amp that goes well with it under 1000 maybe 1200

rufedges

As for an amplifier, that also depends on what you play.........what artist do you want to sound like? It sounds like you really don't know what you like / who you are / who you want to play and sound like as a musician................a Les Paul and Strat is a night and day difference, they are two different beasts altogether.

I am using a modeler (HD 300 now, HD500 is in the mail), and honestly like the available variety, and the quality is also very good. If I really was serious, and maybe someday in teh next two years, I would get a Kemper.

gigs

I gig with an american strat with lindsay fralin pups and a les paul classic with seymour duncan pups. I bought a Ceriatone BM 100W. Clean is great for the strat, the OD is great for the les paul. Covers the full range of rock/blues songs we do. Highly recommend the Ceriatone.

STRATOmann

Ive decided on the orange th30 as my amp head and probably a orange cabinet. Am leaning toward a used les paul classic with the duncans though. I really like a wide range of music and i relly like both

brianr0131

Les Paul....or you'll have to change your screen name.

How many gear advice threads can you make bro?

I'd advise you to get an Orange Dual Terror instead of the TH30 unless an effects loop is absolutely mandatory for you.

DT sounds WAY better in my opinion. Not even close.

Do that and you can grab a Mexican Strat too (in your budget)

LP Classic
Mexican Strat
Orange Dual Terror
PPC212OB Orange 2x12 open back

Lots of flexibility there

Trending Topics