1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Standard Tele vs. a baja Tele ?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by med4011, Jul 7, 2008.

1. med4011

med4011 Member

Whats the difference besides the S1 switching?

2. Bluewail

Bluewail Tone curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Beefier neck, better pups, 3 barrel vintage style bridge, 4 way switching in addition to the S-1. Find a light one and you got yourself a nice plank.

3. Blue4Now

Blue4Now Gold Supporting Member

The Baja is a great tele and a bargain in the Fender Lineup. Yes, find a light one and you will have a tele for life.

4. Dillow4092

Dillow4092 Member

Baja blows away the standard tele just on the neck alone, not to mention all of the other features. I've had one for close to a year and it really does everything. A/B a few in the store for flaws. I've actually seen them with flame in the neck if that's your thing.

5. streetknight

streetknight Member

I've tried every Tele I can get my hands on all the way up to the American Deluxe and the Baja is the best for me. I do wish they had more color options though.

I have a dead mint American Stratocaster in Olympic white with a maple board, as much as I love it, I'd trade it for a Baja if I could.