• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Standyby switch thump

evanjackson

Gold Supporting Member
Hey there. I have a Jester Oahu 30 watt class A amp (I think they were based on the old Valco amps). It has a standby switch, but when you switch it to standby before powering down I'm getting a fairly loud "thump." It's not super loud and I have a pretty heavy duty speaker in there (Vintage 30) but I guess I'm wondering if this could potentially be harmful to the amp or speaker. I tried turning down the volume before switching but that doesn't effect the thump. I guess the standby switch is arcing and I should replace it with one with a higher voltage rating, but is this necessary or should I just keep playing and not worry about it?
Thanks!