Star amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by starjag, Apr 9, 2008.

1. starjag

starjag Member

Are these amps still under production? Is there a website? Not much info out there.

2. doyle o'brian

doyle o'brian Supporting Member

I'm also curious. I have been waiting to see what the next addition to the Star lineup will be, but it is starting to look like there may not be one.

3. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

This seems to be about par for the course with most of Mark Sampson's latest endeavours as far as I know.
    He's usually at the larger guitar shows. I'll look at the Dallas one next weekend and see if I can find out any info.

4. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Check out SuperSoundMusic, as they're a dealer and Brian seems to enjoy those amps and therefore, know a lot about them.

5. Rev2S

Rev2S Member

Take a left on Hudgens Rd, then a right on....
    Or you could check out Make'n Music in Chicago 312-455-1970. They carry Star amps and they might know what is going on with them.

6. ebenezer

ebenezer Silver Supporting Member

I spoke with Mark Sampson at the LA Amp show a couple of months ago. He was showcasing two New Amps! One was an 4xEl-84 type of amp and another was what he described as a pedal amp. This pedal amp had very high headroom and was specifically tuned by Mark to take pedals! Of course I didn't play either as I was kinda in a rush. Don't know what's going on know though as his website went down.

7. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

When I first was discovering handmade amps (after selling all my Mesa/TC rack stuff) my first boutique amp was a Gainstar. For 30watts, that thing was way louder than my stereo 95 watt Mesa Power amp. It was (at the time) not something I dug....clean was great, gain channel too loud for my context. Something tells me that now (3 years later) I would really like that amp. My ear and taste has morphed substantially......

8. KarlH

KarlH Supporting Member

9. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Mark hand builds all of the Star amps himself, one at a time...He's one of the finest amp builders/designers of all time...