• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Starcaster neck, where, how, whom ?

Soulgolem

does anyone know where I can find a Starcaster neck ? I mean... it's so damn rare, I should ask, does anyone make them ? I really like the headstock, I'd love to have that one on a thinline !

Thanks,
Francis.

John Phillips

Probably easiest to find someone with a Starcaster that hates the headstock and swap necks... ;)

Each to their own, but I honestly think the Starcaster might have been a commercial success if it hadn't been for the headstock.

Jason Carter

Gold Supporting Member
They have a paddle headstock that can be made in the shape of a Starcaster headstock for your thinline. Just tell them what you want and they will make it for you.

co-intelpro

You can't just slap any old prefab neck in there, because the scale is longer. You have to make it from scratch, or get the Fender custom shop to make one for you. I know, I've tried to find one before. I just bought a complete one instead. Sorry for ressurecting an old thread.

Tinman

I you find a Starcaster neck, check to see if there is a Starcaster case with it. My Starcaster has been caseless since 1979.

mezcalhead

Yeah, hard to believe they used the old Starcaster name for those ..

What is the original Starcaster scale length? I thought they were the same as Strats/Jazzmasters etc. I've got a '76 Starcaster, but I've never bothered measuring the scale length and it isn't here right now.

Trending Topics