StarPlayer Wiring

MCatz

Gold Supporting Member
Recently replaced pick guard on Duesenberg Starplayer. I noticed a Black wire which one end is soldered to the case of the volume pot and the other end is not connected to anything. The end of the wire does not look as though it was ever soldered to anything. It's basically clean wire? If it hold the wire it silences the mild ground hum. I do not know where to connect it to. I have emailed Duesenberg for a wiring diagram but have not heard back from them. Oh where o where does my little black wire go? Somebody help me please!
Thanks

Mreilander

Most likely the bridge. When you touch the strings with this wire connected, it will silence the hum.

MCatz

Gold Supporting Member
I have emailed Duesenburg 2 times w/ no response. ( I know , I know) The wire needs to be connected to something but it is not the bridge. Can someone remove the 3 screws off their Starplayer and shoot me a pic of the wiring?Thanks. Mike

Mreilander

Is the back plate shielded? I have seen a grounding wire attached to a shielded backplate with nothing more than foil tape on more than one occasion.

MCatz

Gold Supporting Member
The loose wire is placed between the 3 way switch screw and the pick guard. Who knew. Thanks for those who tried to help. Mike

Trending Topics