Started a Blog: gearconfessions.com

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by crxshdxmmy, Feb 21, 2020.

1. mrpinter

mrpinter Supporting Member

I loved the review you did of WP Standard and their pick holder wallets. It got me thinking again of something I've actually spent time contemplating: that there is a correlation between lifestyle and one's wallet. I am considering writing up a post about my ideas on this.

JWes65 likes this.
  2. JustinReagin

JustinReagin Member

Definitely enjoyed reading. Should you ever be looking for an additional contributor, I’d love to help!

3. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Member

Thanks!! I just uploaded a new article last night: 10 Weird Pedal Builders Share Their Favorite Weird Pedals (That they don't make)

That's awesome! Thanks for the feedback.

4. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Member

Will do!

5. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Member

I updated the site today so that the reviews get their own page. I think this is a little cleaner. You can still access them through the blog filter on the main page, but now there's better visibility in the main navigation. What do you all think?

6. JWes65

JWes65 Member

Hi, really like the new gear blog! The content and layout are fantastic.

I've bookmarked and will be a regular.

Thanks matey!

crxshdxmmy likes this.
  7. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Member

Thanks for the support. I’ve got some great new stuff in the works.

8. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Member

Hello all! I just published a fantastic interview with lovelytheband's touring guitarist Alex Strabala where he talks about his journey toward downsizing, going digital and touring with LTB. Would love for you all to check it out. Link

9. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Member

Hi Again. Just posted a new editorial to the blog entitled UPSIZE|DOWN: A Pedalboard Manifesto. You can check it out here.

10. mrpinter

mrpinter Supporting Member

Hey Crxsh, I just read this piece, and it is thought provoking. One solution you didn't offer is simply to have more than one board. I used to put everything on one board, and ended up with way too many pedals on a "Pro" board that was almost too heavy to take anywhere. So I divided up my toys and made small boards for more specific uses/gigs (though I'm not playing out, so there is that). For a gig with more than one kind of pedal need, a couple of small boards on the floor is probably a lot easier to carry than one giant one.