Started playing slide

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Richard Lainegard, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Richard Lainegard

Richard Lainegard Member

Picked up the slide a month or two back (had one on backorder for months though).
    I started out with a glass one, but now I've gravitated towards a pretty heavy DUnlop chrome thing.
    ANyways, I recorded 2 improvisations, one with just a little bit of slide in there, and one with all slide.

I use standard tuning, and use my other fingers (have the slide on the middle finger), to add notes here and there.
    Please take listen, playing is still very raw and somewhat unintonated, but I'm working on it =)

The songs are "Garage Funk" and "Richard Slides" in my MySPace player.
    www.myspace.com/fretdance

2. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Sounds good I,ve never been able to play slide. On the track "Richard Slides" you really have your own slide style forming ......Had a listen to all the tracks on your page they are really amazing you are a great player. :AOK (happy sliding for the new year)

3. Richard Lainegard

Richard Lainegard Member

Hey bro, thanks alot! :BEER

4. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Actually I struggled to find the track - but instead listened again to your other Vid demos.

Your a wonderful player, and despite not hearing that slide clip I have no doubt is sounded top shelf just like the rest of your stuff!