Startouch A/B/Y pedals...2 Thumbs Up!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by granite, Jan 27, 2006.

1. granite

granite Member

Well, I just took delivery of my Startouch A/B/Y switcher. Looks awesome, works great. Mine's Candy Red with optional super bright Red & Blue LEDs with DC Power option.

My first thought was...Whoa, this thing is so small. I use to have a D13 Switchazel and I kid you not, it would take 4 Startouch pedals to take up the same real estate on my pedal board as the Switchazel did.

Tony at Startouch is just incredible to deal with. His customer service is top notch and he is great to talk to on the phone. Quite funny.

Highly recommend Startouch. I'll post a picture later.

2. Shakkal

Shakkal Member

I've got one on Candy Red too for a bit over a year ... great pedal, couldn't be more satisfied. Great customer service too. The fact that it requires a positive tip adaptor is kind of a hassle when used on a pedalboard but I use it as a standalone switcher most of the time.

3. erksin

erksin Member

I loved mine (sold it only because my Axess BS-2 Buffer also works as a splitter) - Tony is FANTASTIC with customer service. I'd buy from him again in a heartbeat. GREAT products!

4. dbx

dbx Supporting Member

+1 for Tony...I just received a custom grounded A or B switcher, audio mute, tuner out, and the high output LEDs in the Prismatic Blue...I thought I could use it for input switching with my Star Nova but the Nova won't allow it...(not the switcher's issue)...high build quality, PTP wiring, quiet switching...but I have another user for it in mind... :dude (We still may mod it to be A/B/Y)

Tony is really workable and listens to what you need...give him a shout if you need a switching solution...

5. granite

granite Member

Interesting....Tony told me he keeps a database on amps to try to avoid issues like the one you have with the Star Nova. In fact, I think he was talking about your situation to me. I'm going to be using the pedal with a Hayseed 30. Tony didn't have any info on Valvetech amps so we discuss a couple of threads from TGP where Rob chimed in saying an A/B/Y would work with the Hayseed. I suspect that Tony didn't have any info on the Star Nova. Either way, I'm sure he would bend over backwards to help you out.

People should check out the Startouch. http://www.startouchpedals.com/home.html

6. dbx

dbx Supporting Member

Tony is a true gent...I was a bit mis-informed about the input structure on the Nova, it's new so not alot of tech info about it...Mark told me it's setup much like the inputs on the JCM series amps...the inputs are wired serial so when you plug into both inputs the first is nulled out....not a problem with Tony and I...I can actually use mine as built to run separate chains to two different amps. Since it's grounded the switching is silent, the audio mute will still affect both amps and the tuner out is always on so, there's still great utility in what he designed...crazy man turned it around for me in lightning fast speed...always in contact to advise me of progress...plus when you pay you're paying the man directly...I'd have no problems repeating for any other switching solutions...the case is really nice folded steel...it will outlast us all...gotta post a pic of the work...

[​IMG][​IMG]

:JAM

BTW...Tony rang me up yesterday to followup on this pedal...he is a VERY cool guy...

7. dbx

dbx Supporting Member

... bumped for the Sunday paper crowd (added pics) ... :D

8. zadiqof

zadiqof Member

Anyone have a lehle?
    I like the idea of the lehle a/b/y pedal a little more, just because theres a seperate switch for each amp, then the y switch. I kinda dig the feel of those type of switches more as well.

9. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

Yeah but it's $125 more.

10. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

I've known tony for years now. A top notch guy. I've been buying pedals from him since he started. (He used to be local).

11. GGinMP

GGinMP Supporting Member

I just contacted Tony about a Startouch AB+Y pedal I got from him around 4 years ago. Works great, but at the time I just plugged into a couple amps w/out a pedalboard, so I just got it with a 9 volt. I reached out to see if he could retro it to take a plug in from my Voodoo power source.

He reached back out to me right away and we had a great chat. He let me know that he could modify the peddle, but that a Voodoo adapter could work and there's enough space in the bottom of his pedal box for the cord to go out. I'm set, and it's whisper quite!

Now I just have to decide if I want Princeton Reverb + Deluxe Reverb, or PR + Swart, or PR + Clark Webster...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017