1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

STARZ guitarist loses Marshalls in fire...need advice. Thank you!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by JohnnyGtar, Jan 8, 2006.

1. JohnnyGtar

JohnnyGtar Member

Hey out there,

I just got of the phone with Richie Ranno from Starz http://starzcentral.com
    (Richie also runs the NYC KISS convention)

Last night, their drummer Joe X. Dube's home was destroyed in a fire. He & his family barely escaped with their lives, but they are fine, thank God.

Richie's old ('76 era) Marshall stacks were stored there and were burned as well. He doesn't know if any of the amp's chassis survived yet. (I told him to save what's left of them. Hopefully the transformers survived!)

My question is, if the heads ARE able to be saved, who is really kickass on the East Coast for Marshall repair and restoration? Or, failing that, any of you awesome amp makers care to talk to him? Any help or ideas appreciated. Drop me a line at JBLA93 at yahoo dot com.

Thank you very much!

Johnny :RoCkIn

2. JohnnyGtar

JohnnyGtar Member

Hey out there,

I just got of the phone with Richie Ranno from Starz http://starzcentral.com
    (Richie also runs the NYC KISS convention)

Last night, their drummer Joe X. Dube's home was destroyed in a fire. He & his family barely escaped with their lives, but they are fine, thank God. :angel

Richie's old ('76 era) Marshall stacks were stored there and were burned as well. He doesn't know if any of the amp's chassis survived yet. (I told him to save what's left of them. Hopefully the transformers survived!)

My question is, if the heads ARE able to be saved, who is really kickass on the East Coast for Marshall repair and restoration? Or, failing that, any of you awesome amp makers care to talk to him? Any help or ideas appreciated. Drop me a line at JBLA93 at yahoo dot com.

Thank you very much!

Johnny :RoCkIn

3. guitarded_1

guitarded_1 Member

4. Stephen Davis

Stephen Davis Supporting Member

Todd is a great tech, and a SMOKIN player. Joel Turza is also a great tech, and really knows Marshalls. Email me and I will give you his info.

stephentodddavis @ msn.com

Rabbit

5. Sharkey

Sharkey Member

If neither can be salvaged then have him contact amp builder Greg Germino. Great guy with killer amp line!!! Randall Aiken would be another exellent choice IMHO. Im glad your friend and his family made through this safely:angel

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

7. trisonic

trisonic Member

or alternatively call Dave Zimmermann at Maven Peal. He does the Warren Haynes thing.

www.mavenpeal.com

Best, Pete.

8. Chiba

Chiba Gold Supporting Member

There's a guy named Eric working at Action Music in Falls Church VA, you can get their phone number from their website www.actionguitar.com . Not only is Eric an *ace* amp tech, he also builds amps as well. I'm sure you'll get lots of options from folks around here.

--chiba

9. Electric I

Electric I Member

Damn...sorry to hear about the gear, but at least noone was hurt.

I remember Starz & thought they were pretty good at the time. Also remember an ace rack shot on one of their inner sleeves...

10. riverastoasters

riverastoasters Member

You should get more than one opinion. I would go to Matt Wells for this. And it wouldn't be nuts to find out what Lou Rosano thinks, either.

11. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

multiple threads merged

12. JohnnyGtar

JohnnyGtar Member

Thank you everyone!

Johnny