Steavens schematics or internal photos - any around?

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by Zintolo, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Zintolo

Zintolo Member

Hi,

I would like to see some internal photos of Steavens amps or preamps, or even better have some schematics of them.
    I like their sound, but they are impossible to find and even then they are impossible to be repaired by the original producer AFAIK.

Anyone has one that can take photos to, or has the schematic?

Thank you in advance,
    Regards

2. Dave L

Dave L Member

I took this pic when I was selling my Brick a few years ago, maybe it can be of some help even if you can´t tell what´s going on closest to the pots.

[​IMG]

Zintolo likes this.
  3. Zintolo

Zintolo Member

Thank you bery much Dave!
    I'll try to see closer the values of the resistors, even if it's not easy from most of the photos.

4. Charvel951

Charvel951 Member

I have a few photos of a Steavens poundcake head. I can't figure out how to attach them here.

Zintolo likes this.
  5. ctreitzell

ctreitzell Member

I use flckr
    it isn't very easy

I first edit the photo for web friendly resolution in a photo editor (change pixel count to something more like 1200px wide/ 150ppi

then upload to flickr

then copy the correct code from the flckr/ image host "share" tools. you will need to understand code a little; particularly the tags
    Use the "More Options..." to edit the code until when you "preview" your post it looks how you want it...it's kinda painful the first couple times until you get it down.

Zintolo likes this.
  6. Zintolo

Zintolo Member

7. Charvel951

Charvel951 Member

I'll have to do it on the weekend when I have a moment.
    I just sold it last month, great versatile amp especially with the mod. I still have some pictures, it's not point to point. It's circuit board.

8. Charvel951

Charvel951 Member

Steavens point to point amps have way more saturation than their circuit board run. They sound different than the circuit board ones. I remember back in the early 90's when I was at Namm in Anaheim and I played through it. It was a great all around head with plenty of gain and a great blackface clean channel. I now nothing back then, but it did sound like a nodded amp bit's time its time.

9. Zintolo

Zintolo Member

Thanks, it’s something I always wanted to have, but not easy to find nowadays. They also have kept very high prices compared to others.