Steel Panther bass player Lexxi Foxx quits band

taez555

Anyone know what's going on? Steel Panther just released a video/statement that Lexxi is no longer part of the band. Apparently they've had a fill in bass player at recent shows.

I kinda hope this is a joke, but it may not be. Lexxi was the great comic relief of band playing off Michael and Satchel. Sure anyone can play bass, but the dynamic with him in the band is part of what makes them so amazing. His spot will be hard to fill.

Nebakanezer

I would imagine if you tell the same joke over and over long enough, you realize people just might be laughing at you instead of with you, like back when it was funny enough of a shtick to do over and over until the years go by? Or how I’d think about it if it were me…

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
"The great pandemic of 2020-2037 has affected all of us. For some though, it has opened doors of opportunity and been a catalyst to seek out one’s true calling in life. This is Lexxi’s story. He started his side business, 'Sexy Lexxi’s Prettiest Pets,' to bring in money for Botox during the lockdown. But something miraculous happened. He realized that his love for making pets pretty was greater than his love for being pretty himself. Lexxi discovered a greater love. Possibly, the greatest love of all.

"Lexxi has chosen to hang up his mirror and focus on his newfound passion. Making ugly dogs pretty. Anyway, after nearly 40 years of rocking together and taking Steel Panther from the Viper Room to headlining Wembley Arena, it is with heavy hearts - but great heavy metal memories - that we bid Lexxi Foxx farewell. We love you and we wish you a wonderful future putting eyeliner on chihuahuas.

"Steel Panther will continue to rock the world. And though we may not ever find a bassist quite as beautiful as Lexxi, it shouldn’t be hard to find one to match his towering intellect.

"Good Luck… And goodbye Lexxi Foxx!!"

Naigewron

Might have started out stale.
That's a matter of opinion, of course. I thought the first two albums were pretty fun, and they put on a good live show for sure

True enough. However, Satchel ain’t no joke...he can play the shizzle out of those ugly a$$ guitars of his!
Absolutely. The whole band are killer musicians, and are tight as hell.

They have all been working musicians since the 90s, so it's a sad comment on the industry that they only found success with a parody act.