Stella by Starlight (jazz funk version)

AngeloFusion

Very cool! I've always liked how these standards can be translated into different grooves. Keep at it!

Hi Cliff!
Thank you so much, I'm very happy you enjoyed this solo. I totally agree with you, standards for most of them are ageless and can be honored in so many different ways! I always loved the harmony of Stella and really had those lines in my head with a more modern groove, reason why I decided to go for it :)

marsos52

i enjoyed that alot.. i also listened to two other clips you have on youtube

mostly what I enjoyed most is that you have a linear approach to your style

same as I have, shame more guitarists have not included this way to play the instrument

AngeloFusion

i enjoyed that alot.. i also listened to two other clips you have on youtube

mostly what I enjoyed most is that you have a linear approach to your style

same as I have, shame more guitarists have not included this way to play the instrument

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm very pleased you enjoyed those vids.
When I play I don't think in terms of scales (boxes/shapes) but in terms of chord tones&intervals, which helps not to get stuck with boxes. Voice leading is another big concern of mine. And ofc phrasing, dynamics in the story told by the solo.
I'm just scratching the surface, it is an infinite work, but these are my main goals. Guitar is so hard Lol ! :)
Thanks again!

8bitlooper

Platinum Supporting Member
That’s really great! Has a bit of Rotem Sivan vibe, who’ve I’ve been digging lately. Nice work on re-imagining the tune.

MERKS

Silver Supporting Member
Very cool ... I really enjoyed your playing and the “Boomer Bend” (LoL) 2/3rds of the way thru was tastefully done and added a splash of color. Actually, I think there was room for a bit more. Perhaps a couple trills, a bouncy single note tap or two and a slow pick scrap leading up to one of those quick melodic runs? Again ... really, really enjoyed your playing. Thanks for sharing.

Merks

AngeloFusion

Very cool ... I really enjoyed your playing and the “Boomer Bend” (LoL) 2/3rds of the way thru was tastefully done and added a splash of color. Actually, I think there was room for a bit more. Perhaps a couple trills, a bouncy single note tap or two and a slow pick scrap leading up to one of those quick melodic runs? Again ... really, really enjoyed your playing. Thanks for sharing.

Merks

Thank you so much Merks pour your feedback! I'm pleased you enjoyed the "Boomer Bend" :) over the Cm7/Cm9 chords, borrowing notes from the C- pentatonic scale to give another flavour indeed.
Thank you for your suggestions which sound great! As a matter of fact I'm not done with Stella, I really love its harmony and enjoy this modern groove, so I will most likely post other solos over it ;)
Thanks again!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom