step away from the princeton

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jnovac1, Sep 19, 2019.

1. jnovac1

jnovac1 Supporting Member

i wandered into guit cent, needed to kill some time. played a j macsis jazzmaster through the tonemaster twin, sounded and felt pretty darned nice, so i stuck around for awhile, put both through a bunch of paces. tried some more guitars, cool amp. in a dark corner of the used room, i spied a guild headstock, pulled that one down, plugged into the twin, and now we’re really getting someplace. just about ready to violate my no new guitars mode, and then, nah, not goin’ there. walking back to hang the guitar up, i plugged it into a ‘68 princeton reissue, after about 20 seconds, detour to the cashier, and hit the buy button. it has a push pull mod for out of phase, and duncan vintage p90s. KEEPER. articulate as all get out, beautiful treble bleed setup, very responsive controls. very near mint. DANG THAT PRINCETON. (but thanks). it’s my go-to guitar tester when shopping-not sure why i don’t own one...

2. gretschplayer

gretschplayer Member

Surprise ending, thought you were buying the Princeton!

zenas, Wolfboy1 and draelyc like this.
  3. draelyc

draelyc Member

that

zenas and gretschplayer like this.
  4. JK1965

JK1965 Silver Supporting Member

Yeah man being the amp forum you had us all ready for your new Princeton.

If its always the amp at a store then yeah, why don't you own one?

zenas and draelyc like this.