• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Stereo amp switchers......Point me in the right direction

Grady

Windjammer
This would be for studio use only. Just for convinence.
But say you have a stereo signal coming from the last pedal in the chain. But you have about 10 amps. You would love to use different amps at different times for the stereo effect. Or maybe even switch amps on the fly.
Is there a switcher out there that has stereo ins, and multiple stereo outs? Just curious.

Grady

Windjammer
That would still only give one out or one in, depending on how you hooked it up.
Even with the Lehle you would need two ins(stereo) and two Outs.

You could have two ins, in stereo into the Dual. One channel (of stereo) would be able to route to 3 options of the ABC, the other side to 6 options through 2 ABC's.

Honestly, this is a suggestion for what is easily handled by a rack.

Grady

Windjammer
I'm setting here looking at my Lehle Dual right now.
You can go into the lehle with the two ins(stereo) But there is only one out. How can you get the true stereo effect with just one out?
Also it needs to be true stereo, not something that is just going to split the signal.
And what rack unit are you refering to?

Thanks

You can have the Lehle route one to each of the two outputs which could then each be routed to three each if you wanted true stereo at all times.

As far as rack units go, though not my domain, I believe that the ground control switchers can do what you want likely.

Grady

Windjammer
The Lehle only has 3 in/out total. You can either have 2 ins and 1 out or you can have 1 in and 2 outs. In order to have true stereo seperation you would have to have 2 ins AND 2 outs. But you could use only 2 A/B or Y boxes, one for each of the outs.(if it had 2 ins and 2 outs, which it don't)
If you only use 1 in on the lehle you lost the stereo seperation to begin with. And if you only use the 1 out you have lost it at the box. The ground control I believe only has 2 stereo outs. Good for 4 amps but not 10.
Here's the case. all of the pedal chain running into the Ibanez Flying pan. The flying pan 2 outs running into the 2 ins on a Boss DD-20, the 2 outs on the Boss dd-20 running to 2 different amps. This setup lets the pan effect stay effective with a true stereo seperation for the delay.
Okay say I want to have the same effect only using different choices of amps. I may want to change these on the Fly. Sure I could unplug 2 amps and then plug another 2 back in. But it won't be happening on the same song.
So is there a solution?

-analog-

You could do this with a Hosa 1/4" patchbay- technically would not be "Switching" but would be easy to take a stereo L/R signla and patch it to multiple sources :)

Grady

Windjammer
The patchbay would be great if I wanted to run everything at once. But I need a switching option.

guitarist58

Well, a "low-tech" possibility would be two of the Voodoolab amp selectors, which can function as A/B/C/D switchers:

"Left" into one, "Right" into the other, and you have 8 outs (of course on side would always be going to the same four amps and the other side to the others). You could add a simple a/b box after one of the four outs on each pedal to get 10. Not a "one stomp" solution, but I think it would get the job done!

guitarist58

I don't think the Radial JD7 would work for this application as you need stereo inputs (the JD7 has two inputs, but they're to switch from one mono input to the other)

Burkhardl

I'm setting here looking at my Lehle Dual right now.
You can go into the lehle with the two ins(stereo) But there is only one out. How can you get the true stereo effect with just one out?
Also it needs to be true stereo, not something that is just going to split the signal.
And what rack unit are you refering to?

Thanks
Hi Grady,

which version of my Lehle Dual do have?
Only the newer Dual SGoS and Little Dual are stereo. These have two Inputs for A and B separately, and when you switch to both amps simultaneously you have the stereo signal from you pedal separated to the amps which are connected to Output A and B.

All the best
Burkhard

CBeeper

Silver Supporting Member
Yep...the new Lehle's can be used in stereo. I have a Little Dual and I run my stereo output from a Korg G-4 into it then out to two amps. I can A/B them or run both for true stereo...

Trending Topics