Stereo Delay -- Help me find one

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by theHoss, Jun 26, 2006.

1. theHoss

theHoss Member

Howdy,

I am setting up a stereo rig, and was looking for a dealy. The initial signal split occurs with a Dreatone Stereo chours, so I need a dealy to put after it that has stereo inputs. Any suggestions. Preferably TrueByPass, and Ping Pong effects. Analog would be nice but not a req. Minimum delay time would be about 600ms......anything longer is fine.

Thanks!

2. Kezend

Kezend Member

im sure the Line6 Echopark has stereo ins and outs, and has a ping pong operation. its digital. there are some good clips on the line6 site. tap tempo, modulation, delay model type, and some other features (the trails are really cool!!!)

3. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I have a similar situation... My signal splits with the Deluxe Moon Phaser before the Deluxe Memory Man.

I am planning my next WOBO custom unit that will allow me to "flip" the wet/dry outputs of the phaser and I will be able to assign the Deluxe Memory Man to either of them. Additionally, I will probably run it straight through the bypass because on the switching system they made for routing all of the signals through a loop station, organ emulation effects and to my stereo amps, there is an independent echo channel, so I can have the echo and dry signal running as different sounds. I will also be able to "swap" the outputs of my delay, so I can run a normal blended wet signal through the normal channels as well (for looping, since the echo channel is independent of the looper). If you can come up with a rough design for what you want, WOBO can build it for you, they were great to work with. http://www.woboge.com

This is the unit they built for me already... you can pretty much figure out how it helps run a stereo setup, you might benefit from a similar design, I like it because I can layer/stack different sounds to the different amps, kind of like a master output control center. "Z" goes to my Dr. Z and "L" goes through the switchable "organ" effects loop with the POG and chord & note sustainer to an amp driving my leslie cabinet. I can engage the loop station's input, either from the clean or dirty channels and its output is always on. Additionally, I plan on getting an E-H 2880 stereo looper and feed it the signal going to each amp, which will be great (and I will be even more broke). If you want, send me a message and I could whoop up a hypothetical design for your specific system that you could have built for you... it's a fun way to go and you feel like you're Gilmour or something every time you look down at it...

[​IMG]

Best of luck, have fun.

4. alberob

alberob Member

Try Boss DD-20 ,You won't be sorry:AOK

5. Douge

Douge Member

+1 on the DD-20!! I use one to split the signal going into two amps playing at the same time! Sounds pretty good to me!!

6. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Either of the BOSS DD-20 or the Line 6 Tone Core Echo Park will do the job well. I have one of each in one of my stereo rigs. I have them on a Furman SPB-8 Stereo Pedalboard with the following on them.

Line 6 Tone Core Uber Metal
    BOSS OD-20 Drive Zone
    BOSS RT-20 Rotary
    BOSS DD-20 Delay
    BOSS EV-5 expression pedal for the RT-20
    Line 6 Tone Core Space Echo
    Line 6 Tone Core Tap Tremolo.
    Line 6 Tone Core Echo Park.
    Line 6 Tone Core Verzilla.

Run this into either two Mesa Subway Rockets or two Soldano Atomic 16's or two Fender Pro Junior;s or all of them at once.

7. dingdongbell070

dingdongbell070 Member

+1 again on the DD-20 its great

8. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I'll +1 the DD-20! Don't know if you can find a ping-pong delay that actually is True Bypass....

9. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

You could run a non-stereo delay into a Gig-FX Chopper, that would be cool.

10. Frankenstrat2

Frankenstrat2 Member

Another vote for the DD-20.

11. g-nem

g-nem Member

Just setup a stereo rig with my DD20 yesterday- works great! The ping pong delay is cool. Be careful to use regular TS guitar cable- I was using a TRS patch cable going into the rigth input of the DD20 and it wasn't putting out signal on that side.

12. Jray

Jray Gold Supporting Member

Check out the EchoCzar @ toneczareffects (dot) com.

13. flicker180

flicker180 Member

+1 but you'll have to wait a year for it to show up. :)

dave "currently at 1 yr and 9 days on the echoczar list" graham

14. jbro

jbro Member

The Line 6 DL-4 has a true relayed bypass mode and has stereo ins and outs.

Also the Echoczar doesn't do the ping pong thing - it has "stereo" outputs but they are wet/dry, not left/right.

15. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Is there an analog delay that does ping pong? You could do pseudo ping-pong with a panner set up in stereo.

16. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

Wet/dry outputs on the Deluxe Memory Man, adjust the "blend" to 100% wet against 100% dry and run each out to separate amps.

17. jbro

jbro Member

The repeats won't pingpong running a wet/dry setup.. you'll get the initial signal out of one amp and all the repeats out of the other. If you're just doing a one repeat/slapback thing then this is a good way to "fake" a stereo pingpong setup, but it won't behave the same way when you crank the feedback up. Just food for thought.

18. Frankenstrat2

Frankenstrat2 Member

If its a 3 speaker stereo wet/dry setup, then the dry signal goes to a center channel. The left and right wet signals are discreet stereo, even when 'derived' from a delay or chorus. In that case, the ping pong will work, and be very effective.

19. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Member

20. jbro

jbro Member

What pedal mentioned in this thread has 3 outputs? I've done this with a parallel mixer placed before my DL-4, it sounds great, but I'm not aware of a delay pedal that has this sort of routing option built in.