1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Stereo Loop switching ::Please Help::

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Stricklander, May 16, 2011.

1. Stricklander

Stricklander Member

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking the forums for a while now gleaning knowledge from all of you guys for a while now, but I have a question that I can't seem to figure out.

First let me say, if there is already a post on this I apologize and would you kindly link to that post for me?

Ok here's the problem: I have an Eventide timefactor: which I LOVE. I am making the transition to using loop switcher pedals, but I want the ability to have my eventide in a loop but also use the stereo feature on the pedal. Is there a way? And here's where it gets really complicated. I use an ABY box as a way to switch between the two channels on my AC-30. I want to be able to use the ABY box to switch and set up a stereo feature. i.e. A=top boost B=Normal Y=two amps in stereo and in phase. Is this possible? Am I crazy?

Also....does any of this actually make sense?

Any ideas and help would be much appreciated.

2. Jericho621

Jericho621 Supporting Member

I went through this headache of an exercise already. I'll share where I ended up. The best I could come up with was using two loopers. You run the left side into 1 and the right side in the other.
    You then place both loopers directly on top of each other on the board.
    (I have 4 stereo pedals in a looper this way).

You have a choice..you can either try to stomp on 2 switches at once (which is real difficult) or...what I do is, turn both loops on at the start if the song and if I need to turn off the effect mid song, just hit Bypass on the Eventide.

This accomplishes your goal of having a stereo pedal in a looper. Its cumbersome but the only alternative I could find after a lot of inquires to every Loop Maker I could find was a Bob Bradshaw unit which is great but off the charts $$$$. No loop switcher maker that I contacted would make what I thought would be easy...A stereo Looper box (Loop Master, Road Rage, etc). I know I can't be the only guy who wants it. They must just be a real hassle to build.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  3. Brian Lusky

Brian Lusky Member

Try the Cusack Pedal Board Tamer. Whichever version you pick has three stereo loops on tap. You can use the one, and then use the others mono if you don't have any other pedals that are stereo.

Alternatively, if you email loop master or Dan at This1smyne, I'm pretty sure that they can build you a looper that includes a stereo loop at the end of it. Those are your basic options--you need a switcher that has stereo loops. I'm sure others will come here and give you a few more options as well.

Not sure about the A/B/Y deal. Other's will have to chime in on that.

4. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Member

If I'm reading your post correctly, I believe that you can accomplish what you are trying to do with a Voodoo labs amp switcher. It has four outputs that can be operated independently or grouped so that multiple outputs are active with one stomp.

Output 1 = top boost
    Output 2 = normal feeds into Timefactor input 1 (TF in bypass mode)
    Output 2&3 = feeds TF input one as above and output 3 feeds TF input 2 to second amp

The downside is that to engage the TF, you will have to tap two switches - one to take the TF out of bypass and one to engage output 3. Still, it's a great switcher.

An alternative would be to run output 1 & 2 as topboost and normal to your Vox, and run outputs 3&4 grouped together into the TF. From the TF, run the left output to the normal input on the Vox with a Y chord and run the right output from the TF to the input on the second amp.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. Stricklander

Stricklander Member

Guys,

Thanks for your help. This1smyne: I will be hitting you up on DM. I bought your Trs box for the eventide and I love it.

Everyone, thanks for weighing in on this. I also called Loopmaster and Roadrage. Apparently this is ridiculously hard. This1smyne: You may be leading the market here! haha.

7. dramaticrunner

dramaticrunner Member

a stereo truebypass loop would be easier if you didn't need a status LED. then you could use a 4pdt switch. otherwise you're going to need relays.