• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Stereo Memory man W/ Hazari - Looper?

JDre19

I absolutely love how the looper works on the SMMH - however, am I right in thinking that the looper cannot function without the pedal being bypassed? I would like to turn off the bypass and have a loop still running (like a trail). I want to be able to loop a delay sound and then switch off that delay preset without having to bend down to change the pedal to 'loop' mode in order to play without the delay. Is this possible?

I am hoping that the SMMH will replace my DL4 but it seems the DL4 may win in terms of ease of use. Any tips?

mabnotes

...am I right in thinking that the looper cannot function without the pedal being bypassed?
Right, the pedal needs to be "on" to record, etc. with the looper. It will "continue playing" though while the pedal is "off"

...I would like to turn off the bypass and have a loop still running (like a trail).
That is possible for the pre-recorded material only. It won't record new sounds while bypassed and then play them back when you click it on like trails. For this kind of stuff though I let it run "on" and just use the mix knob quickly to bring something in/out...

I want to be able to loop a delay sound and then switch off that delay preset without having to bend down to change the pedal to 'loop' mode in order to play without the delay. Is this possible?
Not really. Best thing to do is just turn the knob. I run my Hazarai up at hand-level while performing for these very reasons (as well as access to reverse, filter, time/speed shifting of loops, etc.). You could replace it with a more foot-friendly knob like and mxr with rubber cover or rig up something like that.

There are some guys that have installed and extra Arduino daughterboard internally and programmed it to shift through the modes using an external foot pedal... but it seems like a sh*t-ton of work for maybe not too much advantage.. unless of course it's REALLY important to you... which it may well be!

Here, read through this:
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13751

JDre19

Right, the pedal needs to be "on" to record, etc. with the looper. It will "continue playing" though while the pedal is "off"

That is possible for the pre-recorded material only. It won't record new sounds while bypassed and then play them back when you click it on like trails. For this kind of stuff though I let it run "on" and just use the mix knob quickly to bring something in/out...
Ive read the manual and everything but every time I press 'bypass' after recording a loop, both the Loop AND the pedal turn off. How can I get the pedal to turn off but have the pre-recorded loop still going? Am I missing something?

mabnotes

Yeah, that's weird. Record loop, turn pedal off and the loop should stay. The loop gets erased (green light goes off next to the "Loop" selection) only when pedal is bypassed and you then tap on the tap/record button while off...

Are you tapping the record button while bypassed? Otherwise I would check in with EHX on getting that fixed...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom