Stereo Memory Man

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fiftynine, Jan 28, 2012.

1. fiftynine

fiftynine Member

SMMH users, does your pedal only loop one layer within the loop? So say, if you record a percussive chukka chukka loop then try to put chords on top, it deletes the chuks underneath during the overdubbing? If it does (like mine), it's not overdubbing as the manual suggests.

If it's not just my unit, it's a shame because it's a great digital delay. The reverb is more convincing than the Cathedral and HGP to my ears and EHX must have been concerned about DMM sales when they limited the delay + mod time to just over 300ms.

Can anyone confirm the looper issue?

2. parkhill

parkhill Member

I never had that issue when I owned one. I could record multiple parts and it would retain all of them. I do recall there being a volume issue with the loop depending on where the mix knob was set. I never had it delete parts on me though.

3. fiftynine

fiftynine Member

Yeah, I just watched the EHX vid and they defo multi layer. I'll have another try. Cheers dude.

4. fiftynine

fiftynine Member

You were right, parkhill. You have to set the pots exactly as described in the quick start part of the manual (which isn't repeated further in) and it solves the volume issue. It's perfect now. If there was a function to delete just the last layer recorded and not all layers it would be even better.

I forgot to say, you can get a faux chorus in mod mode too.

That's a great pedal for the money.