• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

stereo pedalboard -- easy conversion to mono?

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
right on, might have to get one of those. could run it right after my lehle little dual so I'd have the option to flip polarity anyway. I can't tell just from the site that it does indeed sum to mono with stereo ins and only left side engaged - do you know it does this from emailing Dan about it?

That was precisely how I understood it. 2 stereo ins, and if you plug two cables in then it would be stereo out, if you plug one plug in then the box will sum to mono automatically. It does not do phase adjustments though so you'd want the make sure your pedal puts out its sound in phase. Strymon pedals do btw.

How does the T1M box work? Two ins, two outs, sums to L when R in't plugged in? Or is it two in and one out?

Yes, stereo ins, two outs that are stereo when two plugs are plugged in and sum to mono if there is only one plug plugged in. At least that is my understanding of it!

Obviously this is less featured than what Desperado was talking about- no transformer isolation, no phase options, no ground protection. But it's inexpensive and small. I will probably give it a shot when I next reorganize my board (after the Bearfoot Echoverb comes out!)...

zwolf

I just sent T1M a FB message to see if he can confirm this functionality. I'll buy one instantly if this is true. Of course I'd rather have the full feature box a la Vertex because then I could sell my Lehle and do it all in one pedal. But in terms of adding without subtracting, this may be all I need...

baggas

Zwolf let us know what Dan says (rather than us all pestering him separately). His box looks perfect for this application. I too will buy one instantly if it is true summing device.

thiscalltoarms

Zwolf let us know what Dan says (rather than us all pestering him separately). His box looks perfect for this application. I too will buy one instantly if it is true summing device.

I asked Dan how it worked and that's what lead to my explanation and even awareness that he makes the device. I am sure Zwolf will pop back in we confirmations from Dan soon ;)

zwolf

Will do for sure, fellas. I sent him the link to this thread - hopefully he'll join in here...

thiscalltoarms

I’m 80% sure that it’s just a straight in to out box for tidying a pedalboard

That's not what Dan said. Open the link I posted and then loop under options and you'll see finger sum to mono as an option ...

zwolf

So, no word from T1M. I've read a number if threads that left me with the impression that he's very busy and perhaps communication isn't his strongest asset, so I'm not surprised. I'll try to reach him through his site as well. I'd buy the box in a second but not without confirmation of its summing functionality...

Getting nowhere on this it seems...

baggas

I just went ahead and ordered one on the weekend, so when it arrives I'll let you know how it goes.

Of course that depends on how fast Dan gets it built and how quick the postage is to Australia.. all my packages have been a bit slow recently.

thiscalltoarms

Yeah Facebook isn't a great way to get a hold of him. He did confirm to me that it does sum stereo to mono and stays stereo when two plugs are in. Its exactly what we were looking for / talking about...

baggas

Yeah Facebook isn't a great way to get a hold of him. He did confirm to me that it does sum stereo to mono and stays stereo when two plugs are in. Its exactly what we were looking for / talking about...

Sweet. Glad I went ahead and ordered one then. With a cheap little box like that I think I'll be wiring all my boards in stereo from now on. Love playing stereo at home, but taking two amps out is not always practical, and not all sound guys are supportive. So it's great to have that easy choice.

thiscalltoarms

I am hoping to order one in the next few weeks. No room on the board now, need a reorganization when my last pedal in my next format comes in...

baggas

I am hoping to order one in the next few weeks. No room on the board now, need a reorganization when my last pedal in my next format comes in...

I'm planning to stick this under my board, since there's no button to press. Could actually make the board look neater.

thiscalltoarms

Me too, but I already have a patch bay under there so I have to think through how to lay it out best.

zwolf

Ok, so we may have to wait and just see how it works, but are we thinking: 2 inputs > stereo outputs; remove right input > mono signal from both R & L output?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom