Stereo Rig Problem Help?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by LeiAherne7, Apr 5, 2015.

1. LeiAherne7

LeiAherne7 Member

Hello everyone, I have had an idea for a stereo fuzz rig for a while so I went and got myself a Devi Ever Torn's Peaker, a Dope FX Boba Fuzz and a Fender ABY switch. However, when I plugged the fuzzes into their own amps and tried to play them together the Channel B of the ABY switch is quiet only when the fuzz is engaged. Does anyone know how to fix this issue I would very much appreciate it. Many thanks, Lei

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BoTheMu

BoTheMu Member

The fender ABY is passive. As some fuzzes are sensitive to input impedence, the higher impedence produced the ABY might be mucking things up.

Try placing a buffered pedal between the ABY and the fuzz on channel B. This will lower the impedence seen by the fuzz and, If my guess is right, it should fix the volume problem.

The buffered pedal doesn't have to be on to work. Any boss pedal will do the trick.

3. LeiAherne7

LeiAherne7 Member

I've seen people A/B fuzz pedals when demoing but haven't come across this issue. Thanks a lot I shall see what buffer pedal could fit on my board.

4. LeiAherne7

LeiAherne7 Member

Also, this happened with a fuzz and OD if that helps

5. LeiAherne7

LeiAherne7 Member

I tried using different pedals to see if it was the two fuzzes but the problem remains. Could it be the ABY pedal?

6. Blues Lyne

Blues Lyne Member

Generally fuzz pedals that are sensitive to impedance don't like lower impedances. Have you tried swapping cables so that amp and fuzz are in A and the others in B? If so, does the problem follow the fuzz, stay with channel B or go away?

It could be a phase issues, but with different amps and fuzzes, it doesn't seem like they would cancel out to that extent.