Stereo rig setup

Friezel

I currently run a two amp rig in stereo with a Lehle Little Dual. I have been thinking about picking up a TC Mimiq to provide double tracking. My question is can I place a stereo pedal (the Mimiq) after the Lehle, plugging A from the Lehle into the mono input of the Mimiq and B (Lehle) into the stereo input of the Mimiq, then out to the amps?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Silver Supporting Member
Yes, but if the Mimic does mono-to-stereo itself, the second cable from your Lehle might not be necessary.

Also, will need to make sure the pedal passes signal when bypassed. Takes away some flexibility for you to use it to his way after the Lehle.

Friezel

Yes, but if the Mimic does mono-to-stereo itself, the second cable from your Lehle might not be necessary.

Also, will need to make sure the pedal passes signal when bypassed. Takes away some flexibility for you to use it to his way after the Lehle.
The pedal is true bypass. Regarding flexibility, if both channels are active on the Lehle, then I should get true stereo separation from the Mimiq. What happens if I only have signal flowing into the stereo input of the Mimiq?

Otto Tune

I also have a Lehle Little dual and all it does is transformer isolate one side of the stereo signal. It can also ground lift one side and phase reverse.
If you put any device after the Lehle, aren't you introducing another ground path after the transformer?
It certainly won't hurt to try, but if you have a hum, you'll be back to isolating that too.

LehleSupport

There's a high chance that you receive hum if you take the LEHLE out of the chain.
Why don't you connect your signal mono to the TC, from there take the stereo signal into the LITTLE DUALs A and B input? Take the A & B out and connect them to your amps. You will take advantage of the TC's stereo effect and the signal will still be isolated due to our LTHZ transformer.

Cheers
Joki

Trending Topics

Top Bottom