Stereo splitting for 2 Marshalls - what do you like to use?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Stormin, May 9, 2016.

1. Stormin

Stormin Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I've got a pair of JTM45 reissues and 212 cabs that I was thinking of running in stereo. What do y'all like to use to split - stereo chorus? delay? channel jumper?

99% of the time I'm running an OD into a mono reverb and into the amp. I'm just curious what pedals you guys like and why and how you run them?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Fu Schnickens

Fu Schnickens Member

Dunno bout no stereos, but I dig the Western Exterminator-turned-devil hatchet man decal. And the SC/HB thing. Nice pair, Stormin.

How about a stereo buffer? That way you don't have to change the pedal order if you don't want your delay or chorus last.

3. 58flame

58flame Member

Stereo phaser sounds awesome. Same with the flangers and chorus. Phaser is my favorite though.

4. bdm

bdm Supporting Member

Actually true stereo effects or just running two amps?

I've used the Lelhe P-split for a number of years and it is awesome.

If you wanted to do stereo effects between two amps that wouldn't be the right tool for the job.

From my own personal experience, live, on stage stereo effects are really only there for the guitarist's personal amusement. Mostly that stuff doesn't translate out to the audience very well.

Delver and Stormin like this.
  5. paulg

paulg Supporting Member

I use a Fulltone ABY to split effects with volume pedal to one amp and dist/drive to the other. That's how Michael Landau does it and it sounds great.

6. kahauna

kahauna Member

2 DSL40C into stereo chorus works fine for me.