Stereo Tremolo is a glorious sound

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by habanaerosmith, Mar 4, 2015.

1. habanaerosmith

habanaerosmith Member

I've mainly been using an HD500 for effects, but until recently I hadn't run it in stereo.

The panning effect with a triangle waveform is just incredible sounding. It seems to have a subtle 'chewiness' to it, so it's more than just a straight-up panner effect.

It's much more pleasing to my ears than other stereo effects like chorus or phase shift.

Anyone else digging a stereo trem?

2. weshunter

weshunter Supporting Member

i'm definitely going to try it -- what's the effect called on the HD500?

3. medwards1969

medwards1969 Member

It is my opinion something like this is relevant to what Jimi Page did on "The Immigrant Song". The main riff ends with this "Sea of echo" effect. When I played this studio album through a high-end 5-channel PC sound system one time, I could clearly hear it as a second amp is thrown into the mix of the main guitar and that the second amp has a loud tremolo on it combined with an echoplex, which makes the "sea of echo" and the tremolo makes the thunder! No way to prove it of course, I've never asked anyone else how he actually did that trick. I just know that on this movie-grade PC sound system, I finally heard an accurate reproduction of exactly what the record was meant to sound like.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  4. habanaerosmith

habanaerosmith Member

it's PANNER, one of the first choices in the MODULATION section.

another trick with that effect is that if you run it before the amp, it becomes a mono tremolo. set the DEPTH at 100% with a TRIANGLE wave shape, and the mix at around 60% for a Fender-y sounding trem.

Use the SQUARE wave for chop-chop.

5. G22

G22 Member

My favorite effect on stage to leave your crowd impressed. I use a Mobius and a The Looker tremolo on stereoids. It's just awesome and I totally understand what you're saying!

6. weshunter

weshunter Supporting Member

thanks -- didn't know 'panner' was a trem. i'll mess with that tonight. i use trem a lot on the HD500 but just stick with the bias trem.

7. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Member

A rotary effect into a Stereo setup is great too.

I love me some tremolo, and stereo effects.

8. enocaster

enocaster Member

Since getting a Supa-Trem 2, I always go to the trouble of playing stereo at home.

9. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

Chewy huh?

You could add in something creamy (compression) and a touch of subtle thickening (klone), and you'll have yourself an aural Mars bar.

</troll>
    :roll

But seriously, I LOVE stereo tremolo too - and a trianglewave is my fav. Love that pulse.