Stereo Wet or Strymon Blue Sky to pair with my Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Geosh, Feb 2, 2012.

What would you do?

1. Keep the Blue Sky because it is awesome!

2. Swap it for the Stereo Wet and never look back!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

Back story: I have had a Blue Sky before and thought it was a great pedal but it cost too much to keep at the time. I ended up selling it and getting a TC Hall of Fame which I like a lot. I recently just bought another Blue Sky from Strymon and I do like it but I am not sure I want to keep it yet, and the stereo WET has caught my eye.

The goal was to add another reverb to the mix for some saturated ambient type sounds. So, ignoring the shimmer mode on the Blue Sky (because I already know I won't find much use for it) which do you think would be better paired with the Hall of Fame? The demos I have heard for the stereo WET sound really good, but I hate to rely solely on a demo. So, should I keep the Blue Sky and tweak on it some more, or should I sell/trade it for a Stereo WET?

2. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

What do you use the HOF for is the question.

3. Release

Release Member

Something to think about with the WET and shimmer:

From Facebook:
    Question: Hey Brian any way to put a shimmer reverb in WET? :) ...From 12 o clock (TONE KNOB) to tottaly clockvise is shimmer and on the otherside its wet?
    Neunaber Technology: We're planning to add a shimmer program to Pedal Customizer in the future.

4. fred_

fred_ Supporting Member

5. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

WHOOOOAAA! Maybe I need to return my BSR!

6. terrapin

terrapin Member

Two reverb pedals??? If it is ambience you want why not the HOF and a good Chorus pedal like the Corona?

7. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

My answer is neither of the options listed - I'd so go for both the BlueSky & Wet. That's what I'm currently working on.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  8. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

All three, you mean?

9. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

No sir... Just BSR & Stereo Wet.
    Sorry - I edited my last post, I had a typo.

10. Geosh

Geosh Supporting Member

I had a Nova Mod that I just recently sold because I didn't use it as much as I thought. Adding a chorus was nice, but I still needed a super long decay on the reverb to give me the trails I wanted. I think another reverb would just suit my needs better.

I love the HoF and it covers a lot of ground. However, I play a lot of different music and it is nice to have 2 settings for reverb. I like one set to a more sedate and natural sounding reverb and the other to a saturated subtle mod type sound. I like the Mod setting on the Blue Sky but it is a little intense, but the Tone Prints on the HoF can nail that sound I want. I just keep hearing about the "choir of angles" you can get with a WET and wondered if the HoF would be better at taking on the more natural settings and leaving the saturated stuff to the WET (no pun intended).

11. parkhill

parkhill Member

This just pushed me over the edge. My order for a stereo wet has been placed.

12. parkhill

parkhill Member

Plus, if I decide to get a blue sky later on I can still use the wet as a great sounding chorus. Something to think about.

13. Vishnu

Vishnu Member

yeah me too......what is the BASIC reverb sound of the WET like, forgetting for a mo all that over the top stuff?

14. joeleric26

joeleric26 Silver Supporting Member

I just pre-ordered a BSR yesterday! Wish I had read this thread first. I'll be following this development closely.

15. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

I feel like Burgs' demo really shows normal 'verbing well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhxCGg6GAow

16. Vishnu

Vishnu Member

wots the zep song again? 1:44

17. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

I am doing the blue sky and stereo wet combo. Sold the HOF and Space and boss rv5.

The blue sky and stereo wet combo is perfect. Does it all.

18. ivansardi

ivansardi Member

Hehehehe It was me that asked that Question. Zlivan Gljivan, and damn that is an awesome Idea right? .... Lets ALL ask Brian VERY VERY nicely to do that for us! Wet with option of wet or shimmer. MMMMM ... Shivers down my spine :)

19. Madsen

Madsen Member

i also have BSR, Wet & Hof. I prefer the BSR & Wet as well. i keep those on my guitar boards & stuck the HoF on the Rhodes.

20. blake480

blake480 Member

I have a Spring Chicken that i love. But it is kind of noisy. I also have a BSR. I love the combo i have. But i also am a huge fan of spring reverb, and the spring chicken is the best sounding for that in my opinion. Sold my HOF. Sounded to digital to me. And i hated the spring setting on it. The WET is very tempting for me. It will be my next reverb for sure.