• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Stereo Wet or Strymon Blue Sky to pair with my Hall of Fame

What would you do?

• Keep the Blue Sky because it is awesome!

• Swap it for the Stereo Wet and never look back!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Geosh

Back story: I have had a Blue Sky before and thought it was a great pedal but it cost too much to keep at the time. I ended up selling it and getting a TC Hall of Fame which I like a lot. I recently just bought another Blue Sky from Strymon and I do like it but I am not sure I want to keep it yet, and the stereo WET has caught my eye.

The goal was to add another reverb to the mix for some saturated ambient type sounds. So, ignoring the shimmer mode on the Blue Sky (because I already know I won't find much use for it) which do you think would be better paired with the Hall of Fame? The demos I have heard for the stereo WET sound really good, but I hate to rely solely on a demo. So, should I keep the Blue Sky and tweak on it some more, or should I sell/trade it for a Stereo WET?

Release

Something to think about with the WET and shimmer:

From Facebook:
Question: Hey Brian any way to put a shimmer reverb in WET? :) ...From 12 o clock (TONE KNOB) to tottaly clockvise is shimmer and on the otherside its wet?
Neunaber Technology: We're planning to add a shimmer program to Pedal Customizer in the future.

Abandoned

Tweed Tube Tone Purist

From Facebook:
Question: Hey Brian any way to put a shimmer reverb in WET? :) ...From 12 o clock (TONE KNOB) to tottaly clockvise is shimmer and on the otherside its wet?
Neunaber Technology: We're planning to add a shimmer program to Pedal Customizer in the future.
WHOOOOAAA! Maybe I need to return my BSR!

terrapin

Two reverb pedals??? If it is ambience you want why not the HOF and a good Chorus pedal like the Corona?

Abandoned

Tweed Tube Tone Purist
My answer is neither of the options listed - I'd so go for both the BlueSky & Wet. That's what I'm currently working on.

Last edited:

Geosh

Two reverb pedals??? If it is ambience you want why not the HOF and a good Chorus pedal like the Corona?
I had a Nova Mod that I just recently sold because I didn't use it as much as I thought. Adding a chorus was nice, but I still needed a super long decay on the reverb to give me the trails I wanted. I think another reverb would just suit my needs better.

I love the HoF and it covers a lot of ground. However, I play a lot of different music and it is nice to have 2 settings for reverb. I like one set to a more sedate and natural sounding reverb and the other to a saturated subtle mod type sound. I like the Mod setting on the Blue Sky but it is a little intense, but the Tone Prints on the HoF can nail that sound I want. I just keep hearing about the "choir of angles" you can get with a WET and wondered if the HoF would be better at taking on the more natural settings and leaving the saturated stuff to the WET (no pun intended).

parkhill

From Facebook:
This just pushed me over the edge. My order for a stereo wet has been placed.

parkhill

Plus, if I decide to get a blue sky later on I can still use the wet as a great sounding chorus. Something to think about.

Vishnu

I just keep hearing about the "choir of angles" you can get with a WET and wondered if the HoF would be better at taking on the more natural settings and leaving the saturated stuff to the WET (no pun intended).

yeah me too......what is the BASIC reverb sound of the WET like, forgetting for a mo all that over the top stuff?

joeleric26

Silver Supporting Member
Release said:

From Facebook:

I just pre-ordered a BSR yesterday! Wish I had read this thread first. I'll be following this development closely.

popinvasion

I am doing the blue sky and stereo wet combo. Sold the HOF and Space and boss rv5.

The blue sky and stereo wet combo is perfect. Does it all.

ivansardi

Hehehehe It was me that asked that Question. Zlivan Gljivan, and damn that is an awesome Idea right? .... Lets ALL ask Brian VERY VERY nicely to do that for us! Wet with option of wet or shimmer. MMMMM ... Shivers down my spine :)

Madsen

I am doing the blue sky and stereo wet combo. Sold the HOF and Space and boss rv5.
The blue sky and stereo wet combo is perfect. Does it all.
i also have BSR, Wet & Hof. I prefer the BSR & Wet as well. i keep those on my guitar boards & stuck the HoF on the Rhodes.

blake480

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Spring Chicken that i love. But it is kind of noisy. I also have a BSR. I love the combo i have. But i also am a huge fan of spring reverb, and the spring chicken is the best sounding for that in my opinion. Sold my HOF. Sounded to digital to me. And i hated the spring setting on it. The WET is very tempting for me. It will be my next reverb for sure.

Trending Topics