Stereo Wet Reverb... Is it still the one?

Kennyscrown

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a reverb pedal. The Big Sky is out of my range but is the Wet still the one out of the rest? Could still go for the Blue Sky, but I've always felt the love for the Wet on here...

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
I like the Wet and the BlueSky about even, and prefer both of them to the Flint for most uses. I am head over heels for my BigSky though... depends on your needs.

nb2rock

I like the Wet and the BlueSky about even, and prefer both of them to the Flint for most uses. I am head over heels for my BigSky though... depends on your needs.

I've played the BlueSky and liked it a lot, but I'm definitely happy I bought the BigSky.. Abolsutely love the midi functionality and presets.. Such a beautiful sounding piece of gear. Just Ike you said it all depends on what you need. I'd say BigSky > BlueSky > Wet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jm9239

Silver Supporting Member
I have had the WET, Blue Sky and Flint. All are great and have different strengths but I prefered the Flint overall for the wonderful infinite 80's and bonus trem.

Last edited:

dshobe

Rocky Mountain Way
Gold Supporting Member
I currently have both. BlueSky beats Wet IMO, but run the BSR into the Wet? That is an awesome pair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Badfrog

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a reverb pedal. The Big Sky is out of my range but is the Wet still the one out of the rest? Could still go for the Blue Sky, but I've always felt the love for the Wet on here...
I went for the BlueSky and haven't regretted it. I enjoy all three of the reverbs on there. But I don't exactly think you'd be sad or would end up feeling like you missed out by going with the WET.

Geosh

I have owned the Blue Sky 3 times, trying to love it. I still have the Stereo Wet on my board. Even after buying a Big Sky.

Do it.

warren3333

Gold Supporting Member
Spot on.

The Wet is a great pedal. I loved mine, but the Big Sky is an amazing musical instrument. A lot of scratch true, but worth every penny...imho

The 'versatile' setting on the BS nails the Wet sound... And then some.

mdmack

Wet is IMO the best sounding reverb on the market for ambiance, the flint however includes harmonic trem that is unparalleled. If you want a simple unit with the most natural sound go WET. If you want a little more verso tilting go flint. I wasn't a fan of the blue sky, it sounded very digital to me. Havnt tried a big sky but that is WAY too much reverb in one pedal for me.

NedZ

IMO the Wet is superior sound wise but has less options. Then again you can make it a chorus, delay, shimmer and whatever's coming next from Neunaber. Also, it's smaller.

For the big boxed ones, I prefer the Space/H9 to the BigSky. They have more musical and creative algorithms and also more control over the parameters, not that the BigSky doesn't have enough of course but if you're a heavy tweaker, Space is king.

warren3333

Gold Supporting Member
IMO the Wet is superior sound wise but has less options. Then again you can make it a chorus, delay, shimmer and whatever's coming next from Neunaber. Also, it's smaller.

For the big boxed ones, I prefer the Space/H9 to the BigSky
. They have more musical and creative algorithms and also more control over the parameters, not that the BigSky doesn't have enough of course but if you're a heavy tweaker, Space is king.
Really ? Wow. I a/b the H9 vs Big Sky vs Wet this very week.

The H9 sounded so digital to my ears, so un-natural if that is the right expression. I actually wanted to love the H9 as it had a gorgeous, smaller footprint, and the brilliant iPad control option. I loved this ability, but in reality, it was a touch too slow for me. Also, i couldn't access the demo models so i never got to try the other types.

To be fair, not one of the presets stood out for me. But hey, its all opinion !

The Wet, by the way, is glorious and a minute footprint. And, it sounds very good live 'in the mix'...

Seegs

The St. Wet is the best digital reverb reproduction I have had or heard...

There are better options which may or not be practical due to cost and size restrictions...

Chow,
Seegs

deeohgee

And then there's the Red Panda Context. It can get into Wet-like ambience in Room, Hall and Cathederal mode as well as heaps of other reverbs, the Plate is amazing.

lhama

As a good sounding simple pedal, with a small footprint, then it is theking, atm. No blackhole or choraverb, though. It simplified my setup vastly. I like a big reverb for certain things, but having a space or big sky is overkill, atm. This will do nicely.

Soothsayer

Gold Supporting Member
^^^
Agree, simple and sounds amazing. Add an expression pedal and go heavy ambient.

gatordoc

I still have a mono Wet and love it but after hearing Mike Hermans Mojo Hand Morning Dew clips I might be adding another reverb pedal to my board. Always been a fan of spring reverb and the Morning Dew clips really sounded good.

Trending Topics