1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

Sterling by MusicMan - S.U.B. Silo-3 - Blown away

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Mr God, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Mr God

Mr God Member

Strolled into a music store today to play some guitars and came across a guitar from musicman's budget series "Sterling"

This guitar was really light, with one of the smoothest best feeling necks I've ever played. It was somewhere around $300 and even though I didn't need a guitar I was going to walk out the store with it.

The singlecoils and humbucker sounded great as well, unfortunately, there was one flaw on the neck radius that made the low E buzz at the first fret but other than that it was excellent.

I'm sure it could easily be sorted out but I didn't want to deal with it. They only had one of them so I don't know if all their guitars are this good but if there's a guitar as good as this one without this one flaw it's a huge bargain. Check it out and let me know what you think! :)

2. geodr

geodr Member

God has spoken!

3. guitararmy

guitararmy Member

MusiciansFriend.com has them for $199 shipping in March...

4. Mr God

Mr God Member

Yeah, I was translating European prices ;)