Stern Groove Backing

althrax

ivers love your acoustic take on these backings. I really enjoyed you outro solo starting at around 3:50. Thanks for sharing it with us.

yZe

ivers, Very cool to hear someone improvise actual melodies on the spot

man, you got some mad picking skills to boot , and the fact that its on acoustic makes it even sicker

nice track as always althrax

Normster

Thanks, Mr D!!! :) (Up kinda late, aren't ya?)

I'm still trying to find the sweet spots on this amp. Definately digging the "warm jazz distortion" tone so far.

pinner

Silver Supporting Member

ivers

Nice takes fellas.. More takers!

BTW, does anyone have some tips for miking classical with one condenser?

I'm trying to get a full sound, but not tubby like I felt it became in my clip.

(And thanks for comments on my clip)

hottub

nice one here Althrax. tried to work on getting into the groove with this one, or any groove for that matter..:) very good track to work on that sort of thing.
Also tried my hand at using two mics. I mic'd the oval port in the back of the cab, as well as having another mic about 3 feet away in the front. with some more experimentation I think I can find some sweet spots but for now I like how mic'ing the back of the cab picks up some lows and low-mids.

Here's my rendition over it.....

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6261051

:BluesBros

hottub

Thanks Ed! appreciate the listen. hey, don't you have a dlite on order?

Ivers
really nice hearing some acoustic over this track. dig the lines!
and some of your runs were just sick man. gotta try to get something like them under my own fingers, but man it's tough.

Rid
some nice textures there. and a cool jazzy feel. pretty interesting stuff for a first take!

Norm
sweet take. nice laid back feel but in the groove. boy that AS83 dont sound too shabby either. big round tones! I liked how your lines kind of went right along with the organ or whatever that other instrument is in the background. cool!

Pinner
hey man, whats up! nice take bro. loved the octave stuff and all. really smooth bro. nice tone you had dialed in there. you too also doubled those certain lines which I thought was really cool. I need to learn how to do that. kudos man!

ghisi
cool lines bro! nice phat tones and sweet bends too! hey is that your Suhr Pro? nice take dude.

yZe

Deleted the one i uploaded earlier

I just listened to everyone's take after the fact, good job guys

Just starting to get the hang of the changes, and man that form is an @$$ kicker, fer sher !

Just wanted to take the Mojave Scorpion out on a spin and see how it records

Ya, I played over Althrax's solo - must be on a guitar forum, huh?

Any critiques of any kind are welcome

I really blew it where it was sposda peak at 3:49-:50 and really sux, but oh well

Blew the time at the end, too

kinda hard to hear the track through laptop speakers

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=681953&songID=6262956

hottub

really enjoyed that Geoff. And I'd say you honored the changes just fine. the panning was interesting too. the volume swells were a nice touch! after about 3:15 you just took off into some real nice lines!

Trending Topics