Steve Giordano Lessons on Youtube

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by BluePowder, Mar 16, 2008.

1. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=jzguru1

Check out this guy's lessons on youtube.

I was searching around for stuff on polyrhythms after hearing about john mclaughlin's dvd on rhythm and chanced upon Steve's stuff.

http://www.stevegiordano.com/index.htm

Steve Giordano is a great teacher, the videos on youtube are awesome; I've never seen more useful lessons on youtube.

Just thought I'd share these with you guys, hope you benefit from them too. :D

2. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

Thanks so much for posting these......

Steve's one of the music's under-appreciated treasures. He lives just a few blocks from me here in Philly, and the few lessons I took with him still find new resonance as I continue to ATTEMPT to grow and improve.

Definitely check out his playing and music...........incredible soul and depth, and never chops for chops sake.

- jim

3. scottl

scottl Member

If he lived a few blocks from me, I'd be over there getting some lessons.... Great player and nice dude.

You too Jim! I need some Tele ideas from you!

4. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

Glad you guys liked it! :)

Would love to see some lessons from you too Scott ;), I've been a big fan of your playing for some time now.

I checked out the skat singing lesson today. It was amazing what it did to the way I practiced, I became so much more aware of my melodic position over a chord vamp. I did not use it in a jazz context though, more blues/rock fusion type style. Still it was a really humbling experience, I found myself playing "lines" versus silly position type "licks"!

Cool stuff!

Everyone should check it out!

5. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    Ya Jersey/Philly cats probably know Dan Fogel

Back in '93 I ran into him at a Jam in Key West when I lived there, and he was there on vacation

I had him over at the house, and he played me some recordings of some gigs he did w/steve, and I was freakin' floored at how creative and groovin' Stevey G was !

6. The bear

The bear Member

7. JuanK

JuanK Member

Philly has always had a wealth of not only great jazz guitarists, but teachers as well. Maybe it's the Sandole influence? Unfortunately it has never had enough decent venues to keep them all employed and let the rest of us hear them regularly.