Steve Hague guitars

MTN

Silver Supporting Member
This guitar is a mess the pics speak for themselves . I guess I wrinkled the nitro in the one pic to ! Lol I knew posting this would be an up hill battle Steve has a good “reputation “. There are people on this thread that hate there guitar to ! When people do get a bad one they just quick sell it to the next sucker . I just wanted to show the horrible work I got that’s all . This whole things been an unbelievable nightmare . All I want is money back .
No, I just meant, that the frets aren’t what they were in the photos of the build. It doesn’t make sense

Captain Hook

No, I just meant, that the frets aren’t what they were in the photos of the build. It doesn’t make sense
Oh I know ! The first fret job was probably botched as well I’m guessing . Or I was shown a different guitar . It’s all deceptive cause I wasn’t made aware of any of the problems till I got this POS . Every part of this guitar is of very poor quality . Everything sucks It’s unbelievable . Welcome to my nightmare ! Lol

Texas

Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
It seems like it would be in Steve’s interest to rectify this immediately to avoid this negative press. I’m surprised he hasn’t offered resolution or at least validation and pics of the condition of the guitar when it left his shop (or confirmation it is not even his build).

BrokenRomeo

Maybe the guitar was returned by somebody else and Steve “repaired “ it and sent it to a new customer…

calieng

@calieng is inquiring about things directly. I'm sure he'll give us the scoop as soon as he knows something.

I sent him a text to let him know it was being discussed on here. What he decides to do about it is up to him. It is not my busines to get in the middle of this any more than I already have.

Something has happened in between the final assembly pics and the ones now posted. My guitar arrived exactly as shown in my final pics. So why Steve would modify a guitar already finished is a mystery. But at the same time we should give the OP the benefit of the doubt until some other information is provided.

It is a sad situation either way.

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
I sent him a text to let him know it was being discussed on here. What he decides to do about it is up to him. It is not my busines to get in the middle of this any more than I already have.

Something has happened in between the final assembly pics and the ones now posted. My guitar arrived exactly as shown in my final pics. So why Steve would modify a guitar already finished is a mystery. But at the same time we should give the OP the benefit of the doubt until some other information is provided.

It is a sad situation either way.

Yeah things like no phone contact between these two, no nibs even though that is on all other of his guitars, and the complete difference between what everyone else has and this one is strange for sure.

Hopefully it all gets clarified here if the thread remains, to be fair to both parties.

Logan

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah things like no phone contact between these two, no nibs even though that is on all other of his guitars, and the complete difference between what everyone else has and this one is strange for sure.

Hopefully it all gets clarified here if the thread remains, to be fair to both parties.

This is the oddest thread, build pictures look nothing like received, OP cannot string together a cohesive sentence structure, Steve is not sharing his contact info, no details from the OP on the build spec sheet he gave Steve to work from (neck profile, aging, finish, top selection, rosewood selection, etc).

I've worked with Steve four times on builds and he does post detailed photos on his FB page. Perfect? No, not even my Bartlett is perfect, these are handmade, but the photos shown are ridiculous. Steve has always been upfront with contact info, how to connect with him, address, prior customers, etc. and even called after receiving a build to chat about it and other 'Burst related content.

I'd be curious if the OP went to the Facebook page he coordinated with Steve on and posted there what the reaction would be? Why post to The Gear Page, Steve is hardly known here?

calieng

This is the oddest thread, build pictures look nothing like received, OP cannot string together a cohesive sentence structure, Steve is not sharing his contact info, no details from the OP on the build spec sheet he gave Steve to work from (neck profile, aging, finish, top selection, rosewood selection, etc).

I've worked with Steve four times on builds and he does post detailed photos on his FB page. Perfect? No, not even my Bartlett is perfect, these are handmade, but the photos shown are ridiculous. Steve has always been upfront with contact info, how to connect with him, address, prior customers, etc. and even called after receiving a build to chat about it and other 'Burst related content.

I'd be curious if the OP went to the Facebook page he coordinated with Steve on and posted there what the reaction would be? Why post to The Gear Page, Steve is hardly known here?

The first time I contacted Steve I had his email and was refered by another forum member at My Les Paul site. He replied with his phone number that same day. When I called him he answered right away and we talkd for over an hour. I actually had a hard time getting off the phone as he enjoyed talking and we both had a nice visit.

Nothing about this thread makes any sense to me. A parallel universe or Dr. Luthier and Mr. Hague?

And in order to pay Steve you need his email or phone number to send the payment so I do not see Facebook being the only way to communicate....we are still missing a piece of the puzzle.

Logan

Silver Supporting Member
The first time I contacted Steve I had his email and was refered by another forum member at My Les Paul site. He replied with his phone number that same day. When I called him he answered right away and we talkd for over an hour. I actually had a hard time getting off the phone as he enjoyed talking and we both had a nice
Any builder that has been around for as long as Steve has would know the ramifications of the **** that is posted.

The OP stated, early in thread, he thought he could work through the issues but just above notices his guitar with no nibs doesn’t match his progress pictures, what else doesn’t match? Well, post the progress photos on this thread?

It all stinks of ********. I’m not defending anyone but if I wanted to build a case to get my money back through threat of reputation I’d be more diligent in building my case and post where people know about these builds and have a society. So far no posts from OP on FB, MLP, or LPForum?

Last edited:

Logan

Silver Supporting Member
The first time I contacted Steve I had his email and was refered by another forum member at My Les Paul site. He replied with his phone number that same day. When I called him he answered right away and we talkd for over an hour. I actually had a hard time getting off the phone as he enjoyed talking and we both had a nice visit.

Nothing about this thread makes any sense to me. A parallel universe or Dr. Luthier and Mr. Hague?

And in order to pay Steve you need his email or phone number to send the payment so I do not see Facebook being the only way to communicate....we are still missing a piece of the puzzle.

If I think I understand what the OP is saying in the first post, he had Steve install a vintage harness and PAFs? I’d damn sure be talking to any builder that was going to handle those items for me. I’d also have the address I would have overnighted them to.

Black Squirrel

Gold Supporting Member
I have a question:

Did Steve make the guitar? Did Steve ship the guitar in the state the OP received it? Did the UPS guy modify it?

Either someone is Full of it, or someone is covering for someone. As Information gets revealed, the answers get vaguer.

calieng

This guitar is a mess the pics speak for themselves . I guess I wrinkled the nitro in the one pic to ! Lol I knew posting this would be an up hill battle Steve has a good “reputation “. There are people on this thread that hate there guitar to ! When people do get a bad one they just quick sell it to the next sucker . I just wanted to show the horrible work I got that’s all . This whole things been an unbelievable nightmare . All I want is money back .

I think you are having an uphill battle because the way you have handled this is wrong. You do not go on a public forum and completely trash a person who is very unlikely to even see your posts so he can defend himself. Especially someone who was gravely ill and trying to recover.

This may be the same reason Steve is hesitant to deal with you any further.

You cannot demand refunds for this type of transaction but you can expect issues to be repaired.

Take a life lesson from it and hopefully learn how to treat people better to receive a better result in the end.

I love my Hague guitars and I need to say bye-bye to this thread as don't feel good about participating in it anymore.

Captain Hook

I think you are having an uphill battle because the way you have handled this is wrong. You do not go on a public forum and completely trash a person who is very unlikely to even see your posts so he can defend himself. Especially someone who was gravely ill and trying to recover.

This may be the same reason Steve is hesitant to deal with you any further.

You cannot demand refunds for this type of transaction but you can expect issues to be repaired.

Take a life lesson from it and hopefully learn how to treat people better to receive a better result in the end.

I love my Hague guitars and I need to say bye-bye to this thread as don't feel good about participating in it anymore.
Whatever man I’m showing the guitar I received that’s all . If people want to buy his guitars fine I don’t care. I’m just showing the work period . Also I’m not send a 5800 guitar back to same guy that sent this out ! He knew the problems and tried to get over . Total bs . I’m pissed off and demanding a refund is not unreasonable with the problems this guitar has . As far as Steve being sick That sucks . The fact I’m getting ripped off for this much money I being really nice trust me !!!! Good luck with your build !

Captain Hook

It seems like it would be in Steve’s interest to rectify this immediately to avoid this negative press. I’m surprised he hasn’t offered resolution or at least validation and pics of the condition of the guitar when it left his shop (or confirmation it is not even his build).
Steve did offer a resolution that required at 315 dollars not accepting that no way . This is the guitar I received . I took it apart to show the problems that’s it !

Captain Hook

If I think I understand what the OP is saying in the first post, he had Steve install a vintage harness and PAFs? I’d damn sure be talking to any builder that was going to handle those items for me. I’d also have the address I would have overnighted them to.
I did ship the PAFS to his address . The pots were shipped to him from the seller . So I do have his address !

Trending Topics

Top Bottom