Steve Hunter And His Customized Gretsch

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Deaconess, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Deaconess

Deaconess Member

We thought you might like to see this video.

Steve has been a Gretsch endorser for a number of years now. He has three Custom Shop Gretsch's that were used extensively on the 2011 Alice Cooper tour and also on his latest DVD/CD 'Tone Poems Live'. But last year he had some alterations made to a stock G6128T Duo Jet, by Curt Wilson@Old School Guitars (for Gretsch).

Curt re finished the color from black to midnight blue, he took out the standard frets and put in jumbo stainless steel frets plus he put in a couple of Steve Hunter Custom Shop Seymour Duncan Pickups.
    There was a bit of grumbling from the Gretsch purists, somebody on a Facebook thread even said he wanted to beat Steve up for making such changes! :jo

Steve is still always looking for 'the' sound and loves how this guitar is now.

He decided to try it out on a session for Tommy Henriksen's (Alice Cooper) new solo CD 'Tommy Tommy Tommy', released this month.

He used a Digitech Whammy pedal for the octave glide.

We hope you enjoy and that nobody get's cross at Steve :love: K

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  2. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Supporting Member

I really appreciate the info on the Whammy pedal. It would have driven me nuts trying to figure out how he did that. And thanks for posting the video. It was fun getting a chance to Steve at work.

3. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

Cool video. Thanks for sharing!
    Great to see him still working and get an insiders view of a real legend.

4. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

One of my all time favorite guitarists. And he lives here in Scottsdale. He never calls!