Steve Stevens gear interview.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RACKDOCTOR, Feb 27, 2008.

1. RACKDOCTOR

RACKDOCTOR Member

There is a cool article on Steve Stevens gear on his new record---cool stuff. http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazi...ns_Interview_His_Solo_Album_and_His_Gear.aspx

2. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I saw that article; good stuff. I've recently played the Hartman NKT germanium fuzz w/Hendrix mod as well as the Vintage Germanium Boost with OC76 transistors. The Hartman stuff looks and sounds great and Theo is a really nice guy. Well, in e-mails and stuff. ;)

Note that he just released a flanger. Not cheap (for a guy like me who never uses flangers), but the guy doing Theo's clips does a great job.

http://www.hartmanelectronicstore.com/product.sc?categoryId=13&productId=24

3. bduguay

bduguay Member

He recently ordered at 10 band E.Q. from BYOC that I built for him. It's probably not mentioned in the article.
    B.

4. RickB

RickB Member

Very cool. I have always been a big fan of Steve Stevens. Funny that there is no mention of his KR Mega Vibe and Wah.

My bad...... I read the article too fast and didn't see the mention of the Mega Vibe. For the record, I have known directly from Kevin that Steve was using it as well as the wah and what I meant to say was along the lines of "I know Steve Stevens uses the KR Mega Vibe and Wah, I didn't see any mention of it.". But it is there and I missed it. Sorry for the oversight. I didn't mean it to come across in a negative way in the least if that is how some people took it. I am a Mega Vibe owner and a big fan of KR's work.

5. K Randall

K Randall Member

Actually there is,if you read around the middle of the article you can see a picture of Steve with his pedalboard and to the left of the picture is his qoutes about the Megavibe about how he's had about 5 vibe clones and that the KR Megavibe is the one and Steve says that it does sound like a real univibe,and he uses a small Megavibe of with you can see in the right side of the pedalboard looking at the picture,also the Vox wah you see on the pedalboard,Steve had sent it to me and I put the KR wah circuitboard in it.:D

6. theohartman

theohartman Member

phil, i have software that filters out the swear words when i'm on the phone and email. cheaper than meds.

kevin congrats on the vibe man, i just about fell out of my chair when i heard day of the eagle for the first time. -t

7. RickB

RickB Member

Damn! That's what I get for speed reading the article while at work. I saw the picture and saw the Mega Vibe and was certain that was the wah you showed me that you did for him a while back. Completely zoned on reading what he said about it! Good to see that you did get some props in there after all. I have to agree 100% with Steve on the MV. :AOK:D

8. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

i've got a Radial booster with a buffer, and I will sell it. PM me. It's great.

9. RACKDOCTOR

RACKDOCTOR Member

The quote is in the post you responded to. It case you didn't see at the top of the page:

David

10. RickB

RickB Member

Thanks David. I edited my response above for my oversight.

11. K Randall

K Randall Member

Thanks Rick! Yes Steve loves his small Megavibe and he had sent me his gold Vox wah last spring for me to put the Kr wah into it-I was very moved and honored that he talked about me in the review as I had not known about it till I was emailed from a potential customer who said that he's just read about Steve talking about using my pedals and has to get em and today is the release of Steves CD Memory Crash-It's awesome and I believe it's going to do well as Steve is a killer player!