Steven Wilson - Drive Home

TheGolfer

Does anybody have a tab for the solo in this song? I've searched everywhere I know of and couldn't come up with anything. I can find some tabs for the intro and rhythm but not the solo. I know Guthrie used a guitar with a sustainiac in it for the recording but would love to play it even without that sound!

JonnyQ

Don't mean to sound like a tool...but have you honestly tried to play along with it and/or try to transcribe it yourself? There are so many inexpensive software tools and apps to assist one in the process (to slow down, identify notes, loop, etc.) you may find it easier and more rewarding to do it yourself. It's a great song with lots of tasty playing so a transcription would be great. Another route is have someone transcribe for you. There are cats who will do this for a relatively nominal charge or if you are really nice and they are really able to...for free.

JonnyQ

Even if I learned the solo I know it would still sound like I I had no idea what I was doing ha
To me it's like Comfortably Numb on Steroids :) get yourself some "transparent" compression, a rich, sustaining overdrive, a cranked blackface amp, a sweet but subtle delay, grab your favourite slide tool and have at it!

M

Member 995

I love that solo. Haven't tried to transcribe it. If you do, keep in mind the sustainer and the impact it might have on fingering choices. For example, you might play along the string more than you normally would.

TheGolfer

Don't mean to sound like a tool...but have you honestly tried to play along with it and/or try to transcribe it yourself? There are so many inexpensive software tools and apps to assist one in the process (to slow down, identify notes, loop, etc.) you may find it easier and more rewarding to do it yourself. It's a great song with lots of tasty playing so a transcription would be great. Another route is have someone transcribe for you. There are cats who will do this for a relatively nominal charge or if you are really nice and they are really able to...for free.

Would you be able to suggest any apps/software? Never came across anything like that tbh.. I've never transcribed anything ever and an insufficient knowledge of theory so would be a challenge ha. Better than nothing tho! Thanks!

cosmic_ape

Silver Supporting Member
I am pretty sure Guthrie used an Ebow. That's actually a cool thing to transcribe. Even create a backing track for it. Hmmm, sounds like a cool project!

Trending Topics