Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase

SurfGreenTele

Crazy good album...my wife and I were lucky to see him live in NYC last summer, with the great Dave Kilminster.

He's a studio master, so I don't know what magic he's doing for his recorded tones, but live he runs all fx in front of his Bad Cat.

SurfGreenTele

Really. I recently signed up with Apple Music so don't have immediate access to the credits.
Wow, it's getting even better!

Yeah, that's Guthrie all over HCE, and the previous Raven album! Amazing work on those, and Steven still plays a lot of rhythm and some leads throughout too. Guthrie couldn't tour with SW much because of playing with the Aristocrats, so Dave Kilminster has filled his shoes on tour since.

SurfGreenTele

Is he also responsible for the remastering of some classic albums lately? Genesis comes to mind. am i wrong?

Yes indeed! He's done 5.1 mixes for a whole pile of albums - Genesis, Gentle Giant, King Crimson, Tull, Yes, Marillion, Roxy Music. He even did 5.1 mixes of a bunch of Tears for Fears tracks. The dude is a machine!

SamBooka

I may be wrong but I thinks he is ready to start recording the new album. Loved HCE but harder for me to get into The Raven... same for a lot of his previous bands (Porcupine Tree) material. That said I like Porcupine Tree In Absentia

SurfGreenTele

Nick Beggs on bass, Craig Blundell on drums live, but Marco Minneman & Chad Wackerman played drums on the album.

The live sound of that show was incredible.

Misterbulbous

Yeah. This is a seriously good album. As others have said, Steven plays a lot of guitar on the album.

The transition from Home Invasion to Regret #9 is really cool.

Also love his use of banjo as a textural instrument.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom