Stickers on guitars

JeffK

Gold Supporting Member
I just bought some vintage Mr. Yuk stickers (packet included) I'm stoked about. For those unfamiliar with Mr. Yuk, the idea was that you teach kids Mr. Yuk makes you sick, and you put a Yuk sticker on anything dangerous around the house so the kids stay away from it. Some versions had the emergency number on the border of the sticker.
Anyway, I used to have them all over different gear, but most memorably on my old beat up Crybaby wah. So for nostalgia, I bought a batch of the old ones on Ebay, and immediately slapped one on my otherwise pristine 95Q. View attachment 627463

Back in the 80 thru early 90s, I had a mix of Mr Yuk stickers and fluorescent smiley face stickers all over my white Kramer.

CapeFear

Silver Supporting Member
I would never put a sticker on a new guitar, or even in good to excellent condition. It would have to be in fair condition or worse.

IAE

I have a massive sticker collection with a guitar attached to it…I’ll post it sometime (I have no pics of it).

It’s the only one covered in stickers as I generally don’t like to do it. I have many cool stickers (even an EHX rams head logo Decal) but I don’t want to put them on anything as then they’re used and no good. lol

ross1shark

Silver Supporting Member
Back in the 80 thru early 90s, I had a mix of Mr Yuk stickers and fluorescent smiley face stickers all over my white Kramer.
No way! My main guitar back then was also a white Kramer; a Striker that I'd added a strat neck pickup to, and put a humbucker from a B.C. Rich Warlock in. It was my baby.
Sadly, that guitar was stolen.

3waytie4last

Mumbler
Platinum Supporting Member
SnJoRqG.jpg

djroge1

Coders like programming stickers, even if the coder does not consider themselves to be hackers. Stickers, anime, energy drinks, and video games are job requirements.
I have a folder full of stickers from the IT Security conventions I have been to. My favorite is about "Please do not lick the walls..." The one I get most comments about is written in Russian and it says, "My other computer is your computer." or at least that is what I was told... I don't read Russian. :)

djroge1

Anyone know a good place to buy water slide decals? I've searched Ebay and Etsy and the ones I want the owner has had a vacation message up for months.

ross1shark

Silver Supporting Member
Nope. I'm gonna stay with my 'snob' designation and say Stickers are to mark children's accomplishments, the bottoms of skateboards, and decoration for people who live in a van down by the river.
Are you kidding me? If someone put my name on a board and gave me a gold star every time I did a good job, I'd be stoked.
I'd justify expensive gear purchases based on the number of stars I had.
I'd use it during arguments: "Who has nine gold stars this week?!! ME dammit, that's who. Nine! And it's only Thursday!"

RolandKorg

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone know a good place to buy water slide decals? I've searched Ebay and Etsy and the ones I want the owner has had a vacation message up for months.
You wanna design your own and have them printed, or buy them for existing brands?

Bluedano1

I've got a [email protected] guitar coming back to me soon that absolutely rocks, but the color isn't exactly my cup of tea. It's already got some wear on it as well. The more I think about it, the more I think it may be a good candidate for a refin sometime down the road. In the meantime, I might slap some fun stickers on there. I've never put a sticker on a guitar before, but I figure if I'm going to do it, it may as well be one destined for an eventual refin.

So let's have some fun, show your guitars that have stickers on them!
My #1 electric 1997 Tex-Mex Stratocaster ( with replaced parts over the years- a 'thousand gigs'!)

Attachments

• 20200420_151903.jpg
    20200420_151903.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200420_151931.jpg
    20200420_151931.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 83

67 goat

If you have printer, you can get waterslide paper from Stewmac (and other places). You just have to get the ones for your type of printer (laser or ink jet).

Side note, we are two pages in and no mention of Garbage Pail stickers?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom