Stickers on guitars

Not into stickers, but maybe…
googly.jpg
I did that with a pair of green and white Tiki shorts I wore to Blondie and Garbage at the Hollywood Bowl.

Motorhed

I just bought some vintage Mr. Yuk stickers (packet included) I'm stoked about. For those unfamiliar with Mr. Yuk, the idea was that you teach kids Mr. Yuk makes you sick, and you put a Yuk sticker on anything dangerous around the house so the kids stay away from it. Some versions had the emergency number on the border of the sticker.
Anyway, I used to have them all over different gear, but most memorably on my old beat up Crybaby wah. So for nostalgia, I bought a batch of the old ones on Ebay, and immediately slapped one on my otherwise pristine 95Q. View attachment 627463

Mine isn't an authentic Mr Yuk sticker, I found a bigger one online and put it on my Fly on the Wall Warlock a while back, along with some other modifications to make it even crazier haha.

IMG-0010.jpg

I thought my Yamaha classical needed a little spice....

Spiced-Guitar.png

And a pinup girl on my Tele....
Telecaster-2.jpg

dcburn

Silver Supporting Member
I find stickers to be worse than newly reliced guitars.

However, I do have a fondness for pin-up girls.

bildo

Is that Surf Cruiser?!?! I haven't seen that since I had a similar decal on my Strat in the 80's, lol!

Ironically, my kids are going to Ron Jon's Surf Camp this summer!
You know, I think it is. Been a long time ago and forgot exactly, but Yea!! life long surfer myself. Those boys will have a great time. Best kind of summer camp!!

Gitarman

Most of my guitars are personalized in some way, whether merely cosmetic (stickers, etc), for added functionality (pickups, different hardware), or both. My Variax, for example, has a Warmoth baked maple neck, a DiMarzio FRED, a flashy pickguard from Greasy Groove, and a couple of decals.
PXL_20210706_132741256.MP~2.jpg

Luke V

Silver Supporting Member
I've got a kick@ss guitar coming back to me soon that absolutely rocks, but the color isn't exactly my cup of tea. It's already got some wear on it as well. The more I think about it, the more I think it may be a good candidate for a refin sometime down the road. In the meantime, I might slap some fun stickers on there. I've never put a sticker on a guitar before, but I figure if I'm going to do it, it may as well be one destined for an eventual refin.

So let's have some fun, show your guitars that have stickers on them!
1655234544954.png

Top Bottom