Sticking 2 way connector pups in 4 way guitar

robertscott

So my flying V has a coil tap function, which, if I'm understanding it properly, means I can stick 4 way connector pups in it and use the coil tap.

Is it cool just to put regular 2 way connectors in if I have no intention of using the coil tap?

I know absolutely nothing about guitar electronics.

Thanks

sedawkgrep

Silver Supporting Member
Yes. You'll have a positive and a ground, and need to wire it accordingly. There are a million diagrams out there which illustrate this so you should be totally fine. The end wiring will be far simpler than it is with the tap.

robertscott

brilliant, thanks very much for your help
Yes. You'll have a positive and a ground, and need to wire it accordingly. There are a million diagrams out there which illustrate this so you should be totally fine. The end wiring will be far simpler than it is with the tap.

Chandyland

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, I actually did the opposite of this, if I understand your question correctly. I had a "classic" style wiring harness added to my SG with coil tapped humbuckers. I just had the tech wire it for humbucker only operation and it's always been fine. You'll basically just have a couple wires unused with no other drawbacks.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom