• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Sold Still Available! 1968 Fender Bandmaster Head, Drip Edge/Black Line Silverface Goodness!

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
I've had this listed locally for a while, but aside from some tire kickers I'm not getting many serious offers. I was hoping to avoid shipping this, but I think it's time to post it here and Reverb.

Note this is for the head ONLY. The cab in the photos/video is not for sale. This is a great vintage Fender amp that I bought about 5 years ago. I had it serviced at the time by local amp guru Jeff Snider (check out his Snider Amps, very cool boutique stuff), who retubed it and replaced the filter caps. It sounds great, but 40 watts is more power than I need right now and I'm primarily using my Helix/PowerCab for band rehearsals so this is just sitting idle. In decent shape for a 50-year-old amp, the grill cloth is intact but as you can see in the photos it's missing the Fender logo. There's also a silver cap missing from the Vibrato channel Volume knob and a screw missing on the Vibrato channel Bright switch. The power cable was already upgraded to a 3 prong style when I bought it. Non-original footswitch for the vibrato is included. Everything else on the amp is stock and original.

Here's a quick video I threw together for a possible local deal. Please excuse the crappy cell phone audio/framing, but I wanted to capture something showing all the amp controls and the vibrato working:

Asking $600 PP shipped. Not interested in trades for other amps at this time. I am interested in trades for electric guitars, but no Strats or Teles. I'd be particularly interested in Jaguars, Gibson-styles, Reverends, PRS, or Gretsch. I'm open to adding cash on my end for a good deal. I also have a really nice solid rosewood/spruce Yamaha acoustic available in the Guitar Emporium for a possible package deal.

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
I've had a few questions regarding the tubes and the circuit in the amp, so I took a few additional photos today with the back cover off. The tubes are Electron Tube 6L6WGS, Groove Tube 12AX7, and a Groove Tube 12AT7. Circuit designation on the tube chart is AB763, but I didn't have time to pull the chassis completely to get gut shots since the tube chart is not always reliable on these early Silverface amps. I did take photos of the transformer codes, which all date to 1967/68, with the latest date being the 20th week of 1968.

Mike7

ill take second place in line if your deal falls through always wanted one of these.
let me know

Trending Topics