Still Loving Hamers

fenderjapan

WCW World Heavyweight Champion
Gold Supporting Member
Gorgeous. there are some NAMM Hamer Vectors I would love to get my mitts on.

fitz

My Hamer Artist in Sunburst is probably the guitar I judge all humbucker semi-hollow guitars by. Bought it new when they first came out around 1995. Still have it until this day & will never let it go. It's a shame what happened to them as a company.

Kurt L

Damn, that's one nice Talladega! And absolutely yes, I'm still loving my Hamers!

Hamer95USA

That's an awesome looking Talladega, django49!! I played my '95 Archtop Sunburst at my gig over the weekend and enjoy the sound & feel of that guitar in my hands.

Guitar George

NoBrakes

I just sold my 83' Sunburst, I'm really stripping down on gear and some stuff needed to go. I'm wondering how long before I regret that decision.

JGD5150

Silver Supporting Member
I only have a lowly P90 Special and a Diablo, but both are crazy good. Would love to pick up Sunburst, Standard, or Vector some day.

Someone needs to buy the name back from Fender and resurrect the company.

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
Just bought a USA 3-hole Duotone for really short money. Really impressed with it all around. Just a very useful and excellent sounding instrument overall. You sometimes have to apologize for being a Hamer fan, but these are great guitars.

neastguy

I'm tempted to sell my LP custom that I have had for 36 years to reacquire a hamer artist and maybe another hamer to go with it.. can't decide if I should do it though.. I mainly play my hamer special all the time.. and regret selling the artist I had :(

should I huh?

harry65

Silver Supporting Member
I'm tempted to sell my LP custom that I have had for 36 years to reacquire a hamer artist and maybe another hamer to go with it.. can't decide if I should do it though.. I mainly play my hamer special all the time.. and regret selling the artist I had :(

should I huh?
I have a stunning artist I'lm ready to part with , it's as world class an instrument as I've ever played as are almost every hamer I've ever played..........

teefus

i will always be a fan. my newport pro and '97 standard will always be go to guitars. for now, a couple of g&l's have made their way into the fold. the quality is comparable to hamer, imho.

rummy

Supporting Member
I wanted a Standard so bad in the 90s after seeing Tom Dumont rock one.

SnidelyWhiplash

Silver Supporting Member
Still loving my Newport. And if an Eclipse ever show up locally I'm going to jump on it.
I love my USA Hamers! Been playing them for yrs. The Eclipse has made a remarkable comeback.
I remember when people were ditching the stock SD mini's & havin' them routed for HB's. :cool:

Trending Topics