Still mystified...

pak1001

...why Gibson never issued a Leslie West Signature Les Paul Jr.

Or did they and I missed it?

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
I don't even know who Leslie West is...
Then you owe it to yourself to check him out. Lead guitarist/founder of Mountain (Mississippi Queen, Nantucket Sleighride, Theme from an Imaginary Western, etc.), A rippin' player, and among the pioneers of the heavy lead guitar driven sound that became prevalent in that late 60's, early 70's era. Oh, and he never uses the pinky on his fretting hand!

Tweedman

Back when Leslie actually played a Jr, Gibson's Custom shop didn't exist. From the mid 70's on I've seen him play a black Les Paul Custom, some weird, pointy type guitars in the 80's and now he's with Dean.

jdel77

Never heard of him.
If we all wanted our favourite players to have sig guitars then it would just be crazy.

IPLAYLOUD

Gold Supporting Member
He has had many other companies do guitars for him.

He did appear in an Epiphone ad once with an Epi Jr. The ad went something like "I bought this great guitar with money I found in my couch."

27sauce

Kanye's dad, little known fact.

He had an Electra deal for a while in the 70's. I wish Gibson would do a CC of his Flying V. That thing was so badass.

GulfportBound

...why Gibson never issued a Leslie West Signature Les Paul Jr.

Or did they and I missed it?
According to Leslie West himself, Gibson did approach him about a sig Junior about ten years ago but he turned them down---he said he didn't want a sig model of a guitar that already existed, he wanted to do one of his own if he could. Which he did eventually . . . with Dean . . .

Dereksslide

According to Leslie West himself, Gibson did approach him about a sig Junior about ten years ago but he turned them down---he said he didn't want a sig model of a guitar that already existed, he wanted to do one of his own if he could. Which he did eventually . . . with Dean . . .
That's surprising, because it seems like he's taken every other endorsement he's ever been offered...

Mandrax

Then you owe it to yourself to check him out. Lead guitarist/founder of Mountain (Mississippi Queen, Nantucket Sleighride, Theme from an Imaginary Western, etc.), A rippin' player, and among the pioneers of the heavy lead guitar driven sound that became prevalent in that late 60's, early 70's era. Oh, and he never uses the pinky on his fretting hand!
Thanks, I'll do that. :aok