Still no Kemper software editor...

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by seigmen, Jun 30, 2017.

1. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

Apparently the "hinter" was Kemper's US rep, who may not even be a direct employee of Kemper (I don't know for sure either way), and it sounds like the "hinting" was not done with Kemper management's approval.

AFAIK, the Kemper company has not made any official public announcements or statements, one way or another, concerning their plans (or lack of plans) for a KPA editor.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

You will admit that presets management is a pain tho. If you are not experienced, try and work with a certain emphasis with and on presets for a couple of weeks (loading and saving them to\from PC, editing them, saving new versions...)... and start crashing you head against the wall!

:bkw:bonk:bkw:bonk :bkw:bonk :bkw:bonk:bkw:bonk

3. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

I definitely don't consider the Axe FX II front panel to be all that intuitive, however it's irrelevant in my case because I don't use it. I use the editor.

The issue isn't whether the KPA interface is easy and intuitive. It's a matter of efficiency and convenience. The KPA's knobs and buttons are no match for a mouse and keyboard, in my opinion. I mean, if you prefer the front panel, fine. But quickly selecting an effect with a mouse using a drop-down menu is infinitely faster than scrolling through 8 or 9 pages of effects using the browse knob, not to mention all of the parameters for an effect would likely be visible on a single page with an editor. Further, an editor makes a lot of sense in terms of workflow for those who use a PC when recording.

To who?

There have already been a few third party (MIDI based) editors for the KPA that had fairly good layouts, however they haven't been updated in awhile and I'm not particularly crazy about accessing the KPA via MIDI either.

4. db9091

db9091 Member

ColdFrixion,

The obvious place to have the discussion and submit layout feedback (either your own or what third party designs you'd like to see implemented in Kemper's versioin) is on the pertinant thread in the "Features Request" part of the Kemper Forum:
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/i...e-for-your-computer/?postID=389826#post389826

Discussing the editor here on TGP is not going to get the attention of most Kemper owners nor the company itself. It's just talk here for it's own sake. All I'm saying is, if you feel that strongly, there is a way to be a part of the constructive conversation over there and have something to add even if it's just your own "voice".

5. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

I wasn't deluding myself into expecting management at Kemper to see this informal discussion and take action, and I wouldn't use the Feature Request section of the forum to submit ideas because, in case you haven't noticed, the thread in your link has 39 pages of support, not to mention the numerous other threads regarding the topic (including one of my own) that have been submitted over the years, without so much as a single shred of acknowledgement from the company.

6. db9091

db9091 Member

Trust me, Kemper reads ALL the forum posts. They do seem to keep their cards close to their chest.
    The more that is written thought, the more this feature moves up on their implimentation priority list. They've already put some implementation ahead of others based on the user base high level of comments. I wouldn't give up. You know what they say about squeaky doors...

7. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

And you know what they say about beating a dead horse. I've already submitted my two cents regarding the issue on multiple occasions in the Feature Request section.

8. db9091

db9091 Member

It begs the question: What do you seek to gain here then?

It's not like they're serving drinks! lol

9. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

Why does anyone converse about anything here? It's just water cooler talk.

10. db9091

db9091 Member

Maybe just to keep TGP alive. I spend most of my time on the Kemper forum or Gearslutz where the real pro's go so I can learn things. This forum is kinda more like talking in the cul-de-sac to the neighbors when it's not an outright advertisement for company products.

11. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

They're all somewhat echo chambers, however Gearslutz doesn't have a dedicated modeling forum.

12. db9091

db9091 Member