Still using your R28 Modded Phase 90's?

89strat

I want a phase 90. I like that particular sound. I had an EVH which I mostly used in script mode and remember liking it. I've also been using my TC Electronic Nova Modulator which I was able to dial in to the Phase 90. However, the Nova doesn't sound too good in front of distortion, which is where I like my phase 90. So, I saw a block phase 90 in a guitar shop for $45, and couldn't pass it up.

I know that there are topics on this mod all over the internet and in this forum, but they're old and since then there have been many variations of the phase 90 put out by Dunlop, such as the EVH, Script, Vintage, mini 95, etc.... along with those by other companies.

So, just curious, before I start snipping away at resistors, how does your R28 mod hold up to the others models? I'm most interest in purchasing a Script Phase 90 reissue or the EVH Phaser to use in Script mode. But if just clipping the R28 from my block logo get's me there, then I'll save a few bucks.

chromewaves

I used mine for about a decade before I sold it after getting a Phase 95. Definitely preferred it to the stock circuit, but I keep the Phase 95 mostly on the 45 setting so I probably just like subtle phasers.

andrekp

Put R28 on a switch. Then you can have it both ways. If you are really clever you can make it a three way selection for even more fun.

89strat

I tried out the r28 mod. Well, it sounded better when playing clean, but I think became a little too subtle. I like to use the phase 90 in front of my overdrives, and I think it is a lot less noticeable without the R28. Tough call. Maybe I'll put in on a switch, or maybe just spring for an EVH phaser.

Trending Topics