Stolen Gibson SG

Discussion in 'Stolen or Lost Gear Registry' started by kurtsstuff1, Feb 13, 2018.

1. kurtsstuff1

kurtsstuff1 Member

I had this guitar stolen from me 3 years ago and I found it on Reverb. I've contacted the seller and hoping he works with me in contacting his buyer to sort this out. If anybody knows someone that bought this guitar..please contact me. I know it's my guitar from the serial number given. It's all been reported to the Sheriffs office when it happened. Now I just wait and see what happens??
    https://reverb.com/item/10043153-2011-gibson-custom-les-paul-sg-tv-yellow

2. Springfieldscooter

Springfieldscooter Member

I would have kept quiet, purchased the guitar on reverb, then showed up in person along with a copy of the original report.

Good luck and hope it all works out...

3. kurtsstuff1

kurtsstuff1 Member

Unfortunately it was already sold when I found it. The "seller" is being very tight lipped about who bought it. I'm trying to get hold of the officer on the case and as luck would have it, his days off..lol! Reverb isn't much help and the only thing they told me was to get the police involved.

4. kruts

kruts Member

Perhaps the seller is the guy who originally stole it? Good luck in getting your guitar back (sincerely).

5. kurtsstuff1

kurtsstuff1 Member

The Guitar was sold out of Arkansas and stolen in California.The seller did inform me he bought it off Ebay so?? who knows? Thank you!! :)

6. Jamesy

Jamesy Member

Any luck yet in finding your guitar ?

7. kurtsstuff1

kurtsstuff1 Member

Well, I know where it was (Reverb seller James O'Kelley) but at this point he's not telling me anything nor is reverb. The police officer on the case seems to have vanished??

8. kurtsstuff1

kurtsstuff1 Member

Just heard from the officer and he's in contact with the Bauxite police dept and they will be contacting the seller. Just hard to be patient and let the officer do his thing..lol!!

carolinaeasy, Theorist and joevacc like this.
  9. Gristlepig

Gristlepig Member

How did this turn out? Did you get the guitar back?

10. kurtsstuff1

kurtsstuff1 Member

No I haven't and haven't heard a word from the officer on the case. The seller asked me not to bother him and..I haven't..I guess I'll just write it off??..I don't understand and it's very frustrating!..Thanks for asking!! :)

11. Gristlepig

Gristlepig Member

If you filed a police report--which included the serial number--when the item was stolen, you should continue to pursue this case.
    Contact Reverb. Fax them a copy of the police report.
    Contact the relevant officers again. Cops are often overworked, and your case might not be a top priority to them--unless you continue to bug them...
    The onus is on you to get your guitar back. And that's a really nice guitar.

Def contact Reverb though... it's rather fishy that the seller is brushing you off like that. If I was listing an item and someone contacted me saying it was stolen, I'd do everything in my power to work with them.

I wouldn't be caught dead fencing stolen goods.

Best of luck. Def post back here on how the case unfolds.

Darth Weller likes this.
  12. Gerald Fry

Gerald Fry Member

the buyer feedback, 2011 Gibson Custom Les Paul SG TV Yellow
    Great 61 Reissue in TV Yellow. Nice player and with EB Super Slinkys on it, smooth as silk. Thanks again for an awesome deal!

Feb 9th, 2018 by Robert L.

13. kurtsstuff1

kurtsstuff1 Member

Yeah...Thanks Gerald..I've seen that and Reverb is less than zero help. I did hear from the officer on the case today and it sounds like he's hitting brick walls as well. I just don't get it??

14. Wayniac3

Wayniac3 Member

That stinks... good luck!

15. makotvjr

makotvjr Member

We purchased a 3500$ guitar on reverb, It was never sent, Seller moved funds out of his actt...Reverb is NO HELP WHATSOEVER!!! getting a refund.... Told us call paypal, Reverb Protection is a bunch of crap It took a month and a half to get them to a refund a 100$ purchase that was wrong, theyre worthless, starting to question the whole site...BE ADVISED!!!

Hamer95USA likes this.
  16. sunkidd

sunkidd Silver Supporting Member

The police story reminds me of the big Lebowski when the cop tells the Dude they’ve got officers In shifts,working on the case around the clock..

17. Darth Weller

Darth Weller Member

I will never deal with Reverb. Too easy to get screwed, too easy to be part of screwing someone else over unaware and Reverb obviously does not care.

Hamer95USA likes this.
  18. kurtsstuff1

kurtsstuff1 Member

Thanks everybody for your concern and condolences. Just so frustrating that I found my stolen guitar and I can't get it back!?..I'm completely at a loss as to why that is??

Darth Weller likes this.
  19. Hamer95USA

Hamer95USA Member

@kurtsstuff1 I'm wishing you good vibes that you'll be able to recover the stolen guitar with the help of the local police.

Guitar George

20. kurtsstuff1

kurtsstuff1 Member

Thanks George but..Doesn't look like I'll be getting the guitar back any time soon..Why? I have no idea??