• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Stolen Guitar

RC Mike

To buy it back, and get information on how they came to own it?
You probably should have stated that right up front. By framing this whole thing as a stolen guitar, rather than a guitar you want to buy back, you’ll have scared off anyone with an ounce of common sense.

Nobody wants to be accused of or on the hook for receiving stolen goods.

Without any documentation, it’s your word vs someone else’s. It’s easy to get a serial number from a photo and claim that someone else’s guitar is your own. Nobody wants to deal with that.

David Garner

Platinum Supporting Member
You probably should have stated that right up front. By framing this whole thing as a stolen guitar, rather than a guitar you want to buy back, you’ll have scared off anyone with an ounce of common sense.

Without any documentation, it’s your word vs someone else’s. It’s easy to get a serial number from a photo and claim that someone else’s guitar is your own. Nobody wants to deal with that.
He said in the original post he'd pay to get the guitar back.

If anyone has this guitar please let me know I will pay you for it in good condition.

Twenty021

?!? I said I’ll pay for it in the post ?!? I just want my guitar back.

27sauce

The stolen story just doesn’t make sense. Guilting somebody who owns it into selling it back to you because you claim(with no documentation or believable story) that it’s stolen is ****ed up.

You don’t pay down a pawn the way describe. It doesn’t work that way.

Twenty021

But you‘ve gone on an on about how it was stolen. That’s how you’ve framed the story, rather than focusing on what you want to achieve.
I explained the story and stated clearly I want to buy the guitar back if it’s still in working condition.

RC Mike

I explained the story and stated clearly I want to buy the guitar back if it’s still in working condition.
I‘m trying to help you. I’m not interested in arguing about petty things. You’d be best off deleting this thread and focusing on buying it back, rather than that you believe it was stolen.

Twenty021

The stolen story just doesn’t make sense. Guilting somebody who owns it into selling it back to you because you claim(with no documentation or believable story) that it’s stolen is ****ed up.

You don’t pay down a pawn the way describe. It doesn’t work that way.
As stated this place was shady and they did offer to make payments. My guitar was a Gibson, what they had were crate guitars, and other “my first guitar” brands. I should’ve known it wasn’t good. But I’m not guilting anyone, I’ll pay for it as stated just want it back. Been looking for it for years thought maybe this would help.

27sauce

As stated this place was shady and they did offer to make payments. My guitar was a Gibson, what they had were crate guitars, and other “my first guitar” brands. I should’ve known it wasn’t good. But I’m not guilting anyone, I’ll pay for it as stated just want it back. Been looking for it for years thought maybe this would help.
Nobody wants to own a stolen guitar.

Sounds like the legal terms of the loan were not clear to you. Otherwise, I don’t know how the police weren’t involved immediately.

Dantana2

It was 15'years before I ran into my old roommate playing my 63 Strat he stole from me. Since it was a different city and he was playing the next night. I got all the documents in order ( an original police report from 81 and pictures of it from back to when I got it in 77 and pictures of us together with it when we were friends. I then hired an off duty policeman to accompany me to the venue that night. You should have seen the look on his face when he finished his set and put it in the case nearby and I entered stage right and got it back out and put it on and told the entire audience what I was doing and that the show was over, refunds at the door and he is on the way to jail!. Priceless, and he denied it all till the very end. I told him if he paid me a rental fee I would not press charges. A thousand bucks a year is what I told his rich daddy that came to town to save his sorry thieving ass. I have my guitar back now! So don't give up hope. I would find a way to expose this pawn owner if I did nothing but camp in front of his shop with a sign explaining it all. Until he paid.

Last edited:

Dantana2

Nobody wants to own a stolen guitar.

Sounds like the legal terms of the loan were not clear to you. Otherwise, I don’t know how the police weren’t involved immediately.
Nobody wants to be caught with a stolen guitar. I have to post about this.

Twenty021

It was 15'years before I ran into my old roommate playing my 63 Strat he stole from me. Since it was a different city and he was playing the next night. I got all the documents in order ( an original police report from 81 and pictures of it from back to when I got it in 77 and pictures of us together with it when we were friends. I then hired an off duty policeman to accompany me to the venue that night. You should have seen the look on his face when he finished his set and put it in the case nearby and I entered stage right and got it back out and put it on and told the entire audience what I was doing and that the show was over, refunds at the door and he is on the way to jail!. Priceless, and he denied it all till the very end. I told him if he paid me a rental fee I would not press charges. A thousand bucks a year is what I told his rich daddy that came to town to save his sorry thieving ass. I have my guitar back now! So don't give up hope. I would find a way to expose this pawn owner if I did nothing but camp in front of his shop with a sign explaining it all. Until he paid.
Thank you. This literally made my week. I would had him pay me in $1 bills and have him count it out in front of the cops. Thanks man cheers to you man justice was served. I had a roommate that stole my wah wah pedal. Last time I did the roommate thing

27sauce

Nobody wants to be caught with a stolen guitar. I have to post about this.
The big difference between your deal and the OP’s is he handed his guitar over in exchange for cash.

The terms of the loan and the agreement with the “shady” pawn shop are unclear. The fact that he willingly accepted money in exchange for the guitar as collateral really greatly reduces the legal chances of his guitar being “stolen”. No police report, documentation, that we know of…

The guy lost it in pawn. It happens every day.

I hope he finds it and buys it back, but words have meanings.

Dantana2

The big difference between your deal and the OP’s is he handed his guitar over in exchange for cash.

The terms of the loan and the agreement with the “shady” pawn shop are unclear. The fact that he willingly accepted money in exchange for the guitar as collateral really greatly reduces the legal chances of his guitar being “stolen”. No police report, documentation, that we know of…

The guy lost it in pawn. It happens every day.

I hope he finds it and buys it back, but words have meanings.
Yes there was a big difference I certainly agree but the feeling of loss is overwhelming and it is still based in treachery and deceit and once past that your guitar is still gone. I'm only saying I feel his pain and you can't be angry at yourself for it and not to give up hope for the guitar or the justice you deserve. thanks guys, good luck.

Dantana2

Thank you. This literally made my week. I would had him pay me in $1 bills and have him count it out in front of the cops. Thanks man cheers to you man justice was served. I had a roommate that stole my wah wah pedal. Last time I did the roommate thing
My last time too!

Mt.Abraxas

I'm glad you still have the guitar! I hope that guys dad paid you well;)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom