• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Stolen Marshall 2555SL on Ebay

W88

Contact the FBI office for your jurisdiction. Give them all the details including the SO's answer. They have jurisdiction, but might not care .... sad to say. Make a call, can't hurt!

W88

Couldn't the legal fees be recovered in punitive damages?
If charged, tried, and convicted, a defendant could be made to pay compensation. It could come up as part of a plea bargain as well. None are possible of a report is not filed.

goddot

I filed a report with the FBI and ebay... also talked to the SO. The FBI may refer it to a different investigative body dealing with mail delivery etc not sure yet.

NHDave

Silver Supporting Member
Wondering if your local State Attorney General Consumer Protection Division might be a path...
Once had an issue with a carriage damage to my car in a Best Buy parking lot... The manager
told me it was park at your own risk... (aka pound sand) State Attorney general's office told
me to march back in there and tell them you spoke to us... problem quickly resolved.

Shouldn't this really should be ebay and paypal's issue to resolve? Given evidence that
the perp had the item, They could be jumping more quickly to correct your loss.

txrsm

Wow this is what I used to always be afraid of...someone doing this to me. To the Op, I mean you have his address...if ebay is that cold and won't do anything and you've reported it to the FBI, and local PD...I'd go a step further and do a little research on all the nearest music stores in say a 50-75 mile radius to their address and contact each music store to let them know this gear is considered stolen due to fraud and to contact you or the local police if this comes into their shops. Include the police report number and the ebay communications as your evidence. Bonus if you have detailed photos and even the serial number for the amp.

You know that if he can't sell online, he will move to sell locally. This includes places like OfferUp, Mercari, and his local CL. Then you have eliminated all potential sales for this person. Just be very careful as this is a unique scenario.

Really sorry to hear you are out the amp, the money, and now have to deal with all of this mess. Best of luck.

I really hope this gets resolved for you, for what it’s worth this guy may cross the wrong person one day and he won’t get away with it—and may lose more than gear and money :worried

Trending Topics