Stolen TRRI

Discussion in 'Stolen or Lost Gear Registry' started by m.z., Sep 30, 2018.

1. m.z.

m.z. "Musician" /Gear Hoarder

I originally posted about this amp in “worst amp decisions” thread so the description’s a little embarrassing... but the amp has been stolen and I’m trying to track it down... here’s a quote from the post.

“That's effin awesome! I took a half dozen spraypaint cans of different shades of blue/green to the grill cloth of my TRRI when I was tripping on mushrooms... (a long while ago now... no more of that for me!) Then scribbled "fun amp" on the inside wall with a bright blue paint pen... seemed like a great idea at the time! Actually looked kinda cool in a low budget psychedelic kind of way... :banana

This amp has been stolen... please let me know if anyone sees it!!!

At the time it was taken it had 2 WGS speakers (I’ve forgotten models) baffle is damaged from my unskillful installation ‍♂️

It had Phillips short bottle power tubes and some decent preamp tubes in it.

I believe it was a ‘96-‘97 reissue.

This amp has LOADS of sentimental value to me! Was my workhorse... never a single hiccup... used it for almost every recording I’ve made up until the time it disappeared, and my favorite gigs with old friends... it would mean a lot to me to get it back.

I may still have my receipt and serial number information... I need to go through my records to try and find it.

what happened is I briefly loaned it to a friend and he had some personal issues and the story he gave me is that he loaned it to somebody and that guy took off... it may be true or he may have just sold it... If I am to believe his story... he said the guy took off to Kentucky so that might narrow it down a little, and my buddy was living in Reno Nevada at the time that the amp disappeared.

2. RicOkc

RicOkc Member

Having receipts for your equipment is mandatory. Pictures also help.

If you get ripped-off and you contact the police and don't have proof of ownership they won't even deal with it.

Contact local dealers, pawnshops and have pictures, serial numbers available.

Keep an eye on Ebay and Craigslist postings.

m.z. likes this.
  3. m.z.

I am looking for my receipt etc.
    I purchased the amp over 20 yrs ago... hoping I still have it.

As for pics... imagine every other ‘65 blackface TRRI you’ve ever seen ... mentally age it 20 yrs... then upon that mental image spraypaint blotches of bright blue and green all over the grill cloth.

Totally forgot about it... but this amp was stolen in around ‘99 and I actually got it back (obviously).

Hoping for similar luck this time around

4. nichd

nichd Supporting Member

He loaned YOUR amp to 'somebody'... who evidentially drove the amp from Reno to Kentucky?

Well good luck brother... I sincerely hope you find it!

5. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

sorry to hear it, but this is pretty much how most lost/stolen/destroyed gear stories start :(

m.z. likes this.
  6. m.z.

Yep... more upsetting than losing the amp is that he screwed me over like that... still working on finding the receipt etc. I know I have it... but bought the amp in ‘96 or so and just haven’t tracked it down yet.

7. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

there's a good chance that if the place you got if from has their s**t together they'll have computer records of it and can get you a new copy. we for example can do this for everything we've sold bigger than a pack of strings since like 1994.

m.z. likes this.
  8. m.z.

It was GC so I’ll give that a shot.

Thank you for the suggestion :)

9. m.z.

10. m.z.

Bump

11. RicOkc

RicOkc Member

That's a chance you take when loaning equipment to a so-called "Friend".

I loaned an American made Epiphone acoustic to a "friend" and I had been out of town for awhile. When I got back home I asked a mutual friend where I could find the guy that I loaned my acoustic to.

His response........"didn't you hear, He committed suicide!"

Sad end to a story, lost a friend and a guitar at the same time.

The only way I'll loan ANY equipment to someone is if I'm there with it and I can take it back home when they're finished using it.

The truth to it is I usually respond "No! Sorry!

m.z. likes this.
  12. m.z.

I don’t know if the picture I put up of my receipt came out all right as far as everyone else’s ability to view it. Even the receipt is kind of jacked... if you look at it... when they originally pulled the amp for me it looks like they pulled the wrong piece of equipment... or it was marked wrong, so they had scanned it and then they scanned it out and scanned my amp... so I’m pretty sure it’s the last item on the ticket because the serial number looks more like the way my deluxe reverb is numbered but I know maybe somebody else has some insight on that.

I just hope to be reunited with it because I have tons of sentimental attachment... most of my great musical experiences involved that amp... and I know it’s just a thing or whatever, but I think a lot of you probably agree that instruments are kind of more than that for us as musicians.