Stomp box on SG guitar, then to wireless?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gw247, Jun 1, 2015.

1. gw247

gw247 Member

I have this need to have the four knobs of my new Mad Proffessor's Golden Cello stomp box at my fingertips. I would like to take the delay / overdrive's four knobs with me when I go off stage, to check my sound, or act a clown. I use rechargeable 9volts. Or... should the transmitter be first?

My Line 6 wireless transmitter keeps getting loose from my various straps and hanging from my guitar. I don't like glues or duct tape. Its missing clip was its worst feature.

2. JamonGrande

JamonGrande Supporting Member

I can't imagine why it wouldn't work, but I haven't tried it myself.

Regardless, the clip on my G30 busted years ago, and I've used a pouch (camera belt pouch from Best Buy, though there are wireless pouches) to hold the transmitter. I recommend it regardless of the stomp box attempt.

joe

gw247 likes this.
  3. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

If the singer from this band can make having a distortion and ring mod pedal attached to his guitar for over thirty years, I'm confident that you can make it work too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

who's the band? And why does he have only 4 strings on his guitar?

5. gw247

gw247 Member

Thanks. It helps to think outside the bag. Really helpful. It hurts to look at that Strat .....

6. Able Grip

Able Grip Member

WE ARE DEVO

gw247 likes this.
  7. gw247

gw247 Member

I added four screws to route nylon string beside and over the pedal. The string loops through the saddle base, up both sides and over the pedal's new screws, around the strap button then back up and over the two screws and tied. I used dayglo green string. :( (...But it works well.) I think two screws would have worked. To release: stretch a string out from under a screw head it loosens it all.

8. WhoJamFan

WhoJamFan Supporting Member

The cheap neoprene wireless transmitter holder from Musicians Friend is perfect for transmitters with broken clips and or battery hatches that magically pop open(Line 6 G30)
    I think mine was 10 bucks